IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait for pics is over. My good buddy Depoe Bay Dan has gotten to his homeport where his pic facilities are working. Thanks Dan. This is the fish I caught Tues. with a homemade spinner, red beads/gold blade smeared with Maries Sticky Shrimp Scent. Just 20 feet after dropping it in the water after landing a nice 15 lb. URB hen.

This big bad boy weighed, after being gutted and gilled, 43 at one weighin for a season derby and 44.8 at a different locale. I've been calling this brute a Tule but it could very well be a URB, I don't know. I've never caught a salmon this big in my life. What do you guys and gals think? The meat was a bright orange and is not faded at all, just beautiful flesh. I gotta once again, and I may never be able to do it enough, a BIG THANK YOU to Marie for her amazing scent, I am a diehard believer now.

[ 09-18-2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: steelheadslayer ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Very nice fish

:cheers: Here's to more like that for you Earl :cheers:

MM

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That is pretty dang cool! :shocked:

I'm no expert but I'd say it's an URB, especially if it cut orange.

NICE!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Earl,
Now thats a freakin pig!!

No tule but don't think it's a URB either.
Just a good 'ol hog headed for one of our local lower rivers. definately has been miling around the fresh water for a few weeks before he took that spinner, mouth of the Cow yo say? or was it the Lewis?. Good luck in the derby!! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan, MOOOOO. :laugh: :laugh: :shrug:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Last weekend I caught a 46lb up at Bonniville and it also had red meat but my problem with that big fish was that the fillet was so thick that it took forever to cook. but it sure tasted good. :smile: I will post a pic of it soon. But mine weighed 46 including the guts 43lb without....wow :cheers:

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Now, that's a pig!! :shocked: Bet that bad boy put up one heck of a fight! Congrats steelheadslayer! :cheers:

-jokester

·
Registered
609 Posts
Holy Gigantasaur! :shocked: :shocked: Mount that monster! That fish looks like it could take your hand off. Way to go! :cheers:

Full Freezer

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Nice Fish!!!!!!!

If it was a tule you would know by the smell :sick: . They stink.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:shocked: WOW :shocked:

Now that is a nice fish :dance: and seriously thanks for sharing

BTW that does not look anything like a Tule :grin:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
It could be a LDT (not a Ford) Late to Darken Tule. :tongue: :wink:

Just kidding. Sweet fish, what a monster. :grin:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Way~To~Go~ :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is one BIG PIG!

And you were using Marie's Sticky Shrimp Scent! :dance: Way~Cool~

I feel you did most of the work indeed but with a little help from me, you see I was your gardian angel!

I am so glad I read this report!

You absolutely made my day! A whopping 44.8 pounds! How can you beat that? ! !

Thank you for such a Great Testimonial!

You are my inspiration!

Marie Will

www.Tillamookbait.com

[ 09-19-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

3,877 Posts
SteelHeadSlayer,

Many congrats on that beatiful Hog :dance: :dance: . That is one for the ages in my book
. I would say a good 45+ with the carving you did prior to weighing it.

Definately an URB. If it was a Tule the meat would have cut very pale being that size.

Once again, congrats on a beautiful Hog :cheers: .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice fish steelheadslayer...

That is a dream fish if i ever saw one. I hope to be so fortunate when i am up there next week. :rolleyes: drop me an e-mail if any of you ifishers want to take an out of stater fishing for a some salmon... never done it off the boat before but i am willing. i just want to catch fish.... oh how i want to catch a fish.
AZ sucks...
:mad:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Now that's a huge hog.

Congrats!!!
:dance: :dance: :grin: :grin:

SKP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts