IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do some of you use to mount your net on the outside of the boat? I am thinking that a piece of PVC may work well. What do you all use?

· Registered
3,809 Posts
I have used 3 ways:

1. Net tube welded on side of boat.
2. Throw net on top of cabin.
3. Use Folbe rod holder (almost) straight up and load net into that.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
do you have a canvas top???
so far I am the only one I have seen using my hillbilly net holder and it works great.
I took two gutter straps..the aluminum straps used to hold your downspout to the side of your house. Towards the front of the boat I punched a hole with an awl through the lip of my canvas, threaded a washer onto a bolt and pushed the bolt through the hole in the downspout strap and then through the canvas. Another bolt-washer combo on the backside of the canvas to cinch it all together. Simply repeat the process towards the back end of the boat for the net handle.
The net will hang by its mesh from the front and ride horizontal to where the handle rests in the exact same set up at the rear.
The aluminum straps can be bent easily to open or close however you want the net to hang and as they are not ridgid the net will never bounce free when you are running wide open in rough water.
Storing it outside of the boat really frees up the interior space too.

· Registered
1,112 Posts
I use a 24 inch piece of PVC pipe attached to the gunnel railing with several zip-ties that pass through holes drilled in the PVC pipe. The diameter of the PVC pipe allows for easy entrance and exit of the net and is very stable at full throttle running or in rough water. Inexpensive and works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.