IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I have a 20' NR seahawk and want to get some sort of net holder. Eventually I'd like to get a custom "radar arch" (not sure what you call them), but not willing to spend the $2-3k right now. I can never find a good spot to place my net and it's always in the way. Looking for something that would hold a salmon size net but also trout size. What do ya'all like? Here's a pic of the boat. Thanks!

· Registered
9,916 Posts
Slip it straight in the open plastic door under the top frames and straps.
Huh ?

Do you mean strap it to the top inside/underneath when the drop door is open ? Do you have straps for that ?

Or do you mean inside the rolled up door ?

Sounds like a good idea.

· Registered
4,230 Posts
Roll your door up and stuff underneath frame and stretch out flat, then stuff net under second frame from back and push forward. The handle will stick a foot or so out the back door. You can fight a fish for a while then when ready grab your net and proceed to net fish. The rod in one hand and your net in the other, one man operation if need be. :twocents:

· Registered
1,171 Posts
I have sliding rail mount rod holders. I just put one of my Folbe's totally verical, slide it next to the canopy and push the net in. I use a downrigger clip on my net to keep excess bag from flying around. I like it since there is no "lift" to get the net out. Just pull and its ready. Not perfect but it works.

· Registered
821 Posts
I have a NR commander windshield boat and I purchased one of the suction cup type plastic gun racks from Fishermans. 3 cups so very strong and it mounts to my side window. The net hoop goes in the mount and the handle sits on the gunnel. I put some electrical tape on the hoop where it hits the side of the gunnel so no scratches. Works great and cheap at less than $30 for 2 mounts!!

ff

· Registered
3,074 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all for the replies...some great ideas here! I'm looking for something not too permanent that doesn't require drilling, etc. I've asked my wife to hold the net as suggested...you can imagine her reply :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.