IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reports coming out of the Nestucca? I'm heading to PC for the weekend and will possibly make a float. Any springers being taken?

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I don't think the springers will start showing up (at least in numbers) for another couple weeks. Seems as though the coastal rivers take a bit longer for the fish to head up. However, the trask and wilson are starting to show some fish.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fished it Monday w/ a well-known guide who just happens to be a member of this board. Didn't see any springers, but went 3 for 4 on the steelhead. 2 Sea lice summers and 2 worn-out winters.(one of the summers was just too hot to handle and threw the hook on about the 10th double front flip) Had a great time, got a little too much sun. Word of caution, river is lowwwwwww.... plan on scraping at a few spots. Good luck!

Trent

·
Registered
554 Posts
The coastal rivers? Speaking of the coastal rivers, I fished for 12 hours yesterday solid and did not hook up once. The Wilson and the Trask are both very clear and I could see to the bottom of most pools and I did not see one fish (salmon or steelhead) in the lower or upper part of the rivers. I've heard the runs are later (june and even into july) but I've also heard that the amount of fish running in the spring is dismal compared to the fall. I'm getting a little frustrated not catching or seeing fish in the river.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
WE NEED RAIN .

All the fish are in the upper bay right now!

Use spinners and or drag herring .

Jennie has proven it! Haven't you seen her fish?

Thanks,
Marie

·
Registered
391 Posts
does the trask normally go 2-3feet deep at low tide? that sure wasnt fun dragging my dads outboard into the bank trying to get to the ramp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts