IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was thinking of heading down to the Nestuca Bay and fishing for some chrome. Can anybody tell me what the bay is like. I only have a little boat, and I have never fished here before. So I am not sure how ruff it can get. Any advice would be great and and recent reports would be apprciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Well I like fishing over there a bit and it is perfect for small boats. The boat ramp I use most is in the town of woods,gives you good access to the tidewater fishery. Have a friend that was there on thursday and they got three to the boat,two on egg's and one on a kwikfish.Good luck. :smile:

R.R.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If your talking about the bay out by the mouth, I'd launch at the ramp by the guard rail hole. Just drive south out of PC and you'll see it. If you want upriver tidewater, do it at Woods.

Out at the mouth, all fishing is done on the incoming tide in the narrow slot just before the breakers. You'll see other small boats out there. Good crabbing is found in the bay.

I'll give you tip based on experience. If you have a small boat and one motor don't be the last one out there after the tide changes. I shut the motor off to pull the traps, when I get the crabs taken care of and try to start the motor. No go. It's flooded. Hong Kong here we come.

Luckily we floated close enough by a point to get ashore and walked out for help.

Hope to be down there 10/9 through 10/20

Mike

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Two different friend of mine went fishing on the Nestucca on Friday. One boat went between the Guard Rail and through above Woods - SLOW.

The other friend, went below the Guard Rail, and threw out some crab traps while he trolled the mouth. He saw two large fish caught somewhere down by the Jaws by one boat, but did not hook any himself. He did get 23 keeper crabs when he pulled up his six pots. One pot had 6 keepers, and one pot had 5 keepers. Other than great crabbing, it was still slow for fish. He gave me some crab today for dinner! :grin: :cheers: Wow, they were good and they were fat full of meat. The crabs had barnicles all over them. I had to really use the crab crackers, as they were great fat hard shells. Yum Yum!

SKP

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks for the report SKP. I been wanting to go over there but why leave fish to try and find fish. I'm sure if you put in your time it will reward you though.
Thanks again Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts