IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the mouth right after tide change ( 6:30) until around 1:00pm, Didn't see one fish hooked up with about 15 boats out there. So needless to say it was slow....... but we gave it our best shot hitting it hard.......

The good news is we put 24 crabs in the boat on the third pull of 6 pots......at the end of the day we were trading out the soft ones for the nice purple hard ones. So all and all it was a great day on the water....... great weather, lots of crabs, and trolling the mouth. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks when the chinook picks up a little and the crabs get harder.

Pics of the crabs to fallow around tuesday when my uncle sends off the e-mail.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Crabbing in Nehalem Bay is a good time. I use to crab it with some of the locals (which I was one of) back in the 70's. Great time at Eastons Moorage!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Good report. Thanks. Almost went there yesterday but decided to risk my neck crossing the Tillimook bar instead. Got outside OK but did'nt stay long. Sounds like the crabbing is starting to get a little better. ALway nice when you can bring something home to throw in the pot!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Fished there today. Saw 2 Chinook early caught at Wheeler, 1 silver at Nehalem about 7:30. Picked up 2 nice fish at the North fork/Mainstream hole around slack. Clancy said he had 2, overall pretty slow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts