IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be spending the 4th at Nehelem bay with relatives . I won't be bringing the boat so does anyone have any fishing suggestions for that area from the bank this time of year? I will fish for anything that bites :tongue: Any info is much apppreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that might be the case. Thanks for letting me know David.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
From the State park, you follow the signs out to the boat ramp. When you come to the turn off you will see a large parking lot. At the other end of the parking lot is a gate that has a chain across it. This is a gravel road. follow that out to the end of the north jetty and you can jetty fish.

Mind you this is quite a walk from the gate. I figure a couple of miles. But you can make it. We did it on bikes.
:cheers:
If not, head towards Wheeler on the highway and you will run into a place called "The Fishery" You can fish off thier docks, and you can rent crab rings and crab too. For that matter you can rent a boat from there also. :dance:

If you go and you see a float out there that says "MESKEL" and a phone #, pick it up and get ahold of me. It's blaze orange and is locked donw with a wire tie. I lost one over the memorial Day Weekend. :depressed:

[ 06-28-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: fishchaser ]

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks Fishchaser! I was wondering if there were any jetty fishing spots out there. I have my mountain bike still set up with my bow rack that should work just fine for my fishin pole! I need to get out and get in shape for upcoming bow season anyways... :tongue: What kind of fish might I find out there? Sand shrimp best bait to take? I really appreciate the info!

·
Registered
873 Posts
You may want to throw in a shovel and dig a clam ot two. Their is a fair minus tide about mid day on the 4th. Other than that you may want to crab off the dock at Brighton.

Good luck and enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
If you are thinking salmon off the jetty, a popular method at Gold Beach is to fish a herring suspended with a small cork float above a bottom weight, 3 feet or so off the bottom. Just let it work in the current.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts