IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a favor to ask of people in the know that fish the Nehalem. My soon to be father-in-law is coming up from Utah to go fishing for 5 days. We have had this planned for a while and when we made the plans I thought the 3rd week in August would be good for Zoo-ey 10 as I usually start fishing around then and do well. However, this year it's looking like it will start a little later. I'm still hoping it kicks in gear by next week but if it doesn't I would like to have a plan B. It sounds like Nehalem is the place to be right now but I know nothing about it. Could someone please share some basic information about this fishery? Specificly the do's and dont's about the area. I have picked up on staying away from the north jetty. What else do I need to know? I'm not even sure where to launch the boat :blush: . Any info, no matter how small, would be appreciated. I really want to get this guy into some fish. Like I said, I'm still hopefull for Zoo-ey 10 because I know that area well but if I need to change plans so be it. Take care all and thanks.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
You can launch at Wheeler, you cant miss it or just upriver at the public boat launch on the south side of the 101 bridge. The public launch is a little nicer and has more parking. Troll herring or spinners bouncing the bottom with your weight then reel up a couple cranks... depth is important so keep checking that you are near the bottom. Troll where you see the other people trolling.

Good luck but I think 10 will be hopping next week, at least I hope so cuz thats where I will be!

:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts