IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fishing on the lower Nehalem is very slow. It's to early for the salmon. Should pick up around the end of August.

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
Doo dee doo dee doo...

Sh! I have heard the nooks are at the jaws, though.

Oh, man, am I going to hear it for that!

:smile: TOUGH!

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
I have heard the sea weed is running thick right now. Go getcha some. :grin:

Rauly

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I can verify what Jennie says. I just saw pictures from the Nehalem from a co-worker. They landed 2 in their boat, a 30 pound slab of chrome, and a 22 pound "jack" chromer from the Jaws. I'll try to get her to email me the pix, and I'll post them if she does. They fished 3 days over the weekend.

Keep in mind though, that they fished for three days, and only saw a few more caught, so it's not hot by any means. Overall, it was rated slow to fair. I think Buoy 10 will be the place for much better action in the coming days.

She showed me a picture of a boat on fire in the lower bay. I'll try to get her to email me that picture too. It's a good picture for safety's sake.

SKP

[ 07-29-2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: SKP ]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i haven't heard much about the fishing there since sunday but we landed 2 sat. and 3 sunday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 Okie, Is it really as crowded as Buoy 10? I'm heading over there in about a week. I'm gonna see if my daughter can catch a salmon or two. Were you using herring or spinners?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THE NEHALEM IS A BIG ENOUGH RIVER THAT NORMALLY THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM TO FISH. THIS EARLY THERE ARN'T TOO MANY BOATS. IN A FEW WEEKS THE FISHING WILL GET BETTER AND THE BOATS WILL FOLLOW BUT THERE IS STILL PLENTY OF ROOM. WE WENT THURSDAY AND GOT SKUNKED!!!!!!!!!!! WE SAW 5 CAUGHT THOUGH BUT NOT A LOT OF FISH PRESENT. WE HOOKED 2 AND LOST BOTH. WE ARE GOING BACK THIS WEEKEND THOUGH BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TIDE WILL BRING THEM TO YOU. GOOD LUCK. BV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts