IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading out Wednesday to the bay to see if we can shake up some silvers. Does anyone know what's been happening over there? I'm reading some of the posts and noticing a few fish caught, but is it worth heading over?

One thing, this is my first launch at Nehalem, where's the best place to launch, what to use, where to anchor, or do you anchor at all? what tide?

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! email if you wish!

[email protected]

Thank you!

Brian

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
You don't anchor, you troll. The launches are along 101, a couple by the jetty, one in Wheeler and one right were 101 crosses the river.

Herring, spinners and Kwikfish work. Most people right now are using herring.

As far as worth it, you could catch fish there or you could catch fish, or more fish, at Astoria. Less crowds at Nehalem but still crowded.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I have been fishing Nehalem for the last few trips, fishing has been good for some and poor for others. Crowded is one word for it Dave, the other word is TOO CROWDED.

[ 08-19-2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by Sublime:
I'll be heading out Wednesday to the bay to see if we can shake up some silvers. Does anyone know what's been happening over there? I'm reading some of the posts and noticing a few fish caught, but is it worth heading over?

One thing, this is my first launch at Nehalem, where's the best place to launch, what to use, where to anchor, or do you anchor at all? what tide?

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! email if you wish!

[email protected]

Thank you!

Brian
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
118 Posts
Subline
Brian

I was at the mouth Monday and there were a few silvers beening cought. Everybody was using plug-cut. Most people fish high slack and the incoming tide. You probably already know this,some might not.You don't want to fish the outgoing with only one motor and no anchor. Sunday a small sled fliped. I was told the motor quit. Everybody was rescued and the boat was towed to the first marina for all to see. Just something to think about. Good luck fishing.
Hiball

·
Registered
130 Posts
sublime.....

i hear trolling with smelt does the job quite nicely..and dont forget the 9/0. ooo wrong species........hey come get some action on the rogue.........beat our 26 fish day......maybe this year the 70lb will be taken in the wolf. tight lines and dont give up on rickreal just yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts