IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished the Nehalem today. Lots of silvers rolling, chinooks not biting well. We got a late start, and saw only one caught.
I didn't see many ifishers, but did see Norm Ritchie and crew. They were fishing and had three bumps. They did snag up a new looking net, though! He said, "Not a total waste of a day!" No kidding! You don't even have to tag those! :smile:

Had a really pleasant day. Like they say, the worst day fishing is better than the best day working!

Anyone else out on the Nehalem this weekend? Man, there were a lot of boats! We put in at the 101 ramp, and went up. It sure is fun to see them all jump, even if they won't bite!
:wink:
Jen

[ 10-05-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Jordan and I fished from the falls down today. The Chinooks were all rotters. I did catch 1 very bright Silver and released it. I can't remember the name of the hole, it's by the old gravel pit.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was there all week hooked 17 landed 15 your right the chinook where not opening there mouth.We only got 3 and lost 2.We did get lucky by geting 4 fin clip coho. Next week will be better fishing.

[ 10-05-2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: spinnermaker ]

·
Registered
959 Posts
Went up tho the N.F. and caught two silvers with too many fins and one jack on Saturday. Still a little early for the N.F. Must of went by Jen around 12:00 on Saturday and yes there where a cazillion boats out there.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't there on Saturday. I was there on Sunday. Still, a cajillion boats!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was there this weekend, didnt do any fishing but we got 48 crabs in 5 hours of crabbing just below the State Park boat ramp saturday and sunday. Then went up to the DelRay beach access in seaside and dug 45 razors in 25 minutes. Fun weekend all around even ran into a couple of i-fishers in the campground. Kwik Karl and Talks2Elk they had some success fishing and crabbing.

[ 10-07-2003, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: MetalHead ]

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We put in at the 101 ramp and went upstream.
Tried just about everything, too.
Drug herring, spinners, and even drug some eggs around in a spot that has produced with that method in years past.
Nada!

Of course, "What would we do with another salmon, anyhow?" :smile:

Besides that, I couldn't stand to see Bill use his new tool to release another one. That Hook Extractor works really well, but it's tough on me to see him release those huge salmon!

Jen

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya, I agree there are way too many boats in Nehalem this year. None of the fish bite either. You just watch them jump around. The weather is always bad there too. I don't think you guys should spend any more of your time there. I know I am never going back. The whole river is 5MPH, I never get to use my motor. The fish never bite. All that said I will be there from Wed through Sun, I hope the rest of you guys listen to the prior advice and leave the river to me. Bring on the rain.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
O

You left out the swamp fever, mosquitoes, snakes and wood ticks.
Not to mention guns going off every five minutes and shot raining down.

Leave a few for this weekend ok? :cheers:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts