IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI IFISHERS, IM GOING TO TRY THE NEHALEM TOMORROW (TUESDAY) ANY GOOD REPORT OR ADVISE ? THANKS ALOT AND GOOD FISHING TO YOU !!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Rodaction:
we were there this weekend...it was a slam fest right at the mouth at the jetty,for about 3 hours every morn. be on the water by 6:00-6:30 and fish the morning.In coming tide was best.
used spreader with 2 ft. dropper and mooching rig with a extra bead chain added for seaweed control,it wasnt' too bad but there was some "salad" at the tide changes.med(blue or green heering plug cut worked the best.keep in touch with the bottom.good luck and let us know how you do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hawg Caller's report sounds about right to me.

Unfortunatly I can't tow my boat and travel trailer at the same time, so I was at the mercy of the chowder heads that were with me who had their boats.
(couldn't get them up before 8:00 AM :sick: ) So we missed all of the action. In my opinion, don't even waste your time fishing after the morning bite..... But I was avenged by picking up 36 crabs from Tillamook Bay on Saturday afternoon.

Good luck

·
Registered
707 Posts
We fished spinners inside hooked 5 landed 3 biggest one was 36#. Saturday was a little hoter fishing then Sunday but both where about 6 to 7 on a scale from 1 to 10.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY, IM BACK....WE FISHED TODAY. WE STARTED SLOW.
WE WERE FISHING AT DAYLIGHT, CUTPLUGS, SPINNERS, WITH NOTHING ! NOT A FISH ! STILL SEEING FISH CAUGHT. WE WERE JUST BELOW THE BRIDGE AND I PUT ON A K16 WITH A RAP....AND BANG ! ROD DOWN AND A CHROME 26LB HEN. THATS THE STORY. LOTS OF FUN IN THE RAIN.

GOOD LUCK ! THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT ON MY QUESTION.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts