IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Action has been very slow around Wheeler, but at least a couple of fish were caught up near Nehalem today including this 24lb hen - my first of the season. Promise I won't post pics of ALL the fish I catch this year! :smile:

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Nice fish

Whatcha talkin bout... please post all those pics :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riverkeeper, blue label cutplug herring is what I use early in the season, but I'll probably switch to spinners later. The best bobber fishing is usually in Sept and Oct.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Nice fish. It seems like they are right on schedule. Onesies and twosies in mid July and then gangbusters. Hows the grass and weeds?

·
Registered
688 Posts
The weeds are thick right now in th wheeler area, We fished last weekend with nothing in sight. The fish should start getting thicker here very shortly. Can't wait until the end of the month! Has anyone heard or seen anything different there?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am privy to some top secret goverment info: All the salmon that normally go to Nahalem will go to Salem this year. Every one needs to got to Wallace Marine Park to catch them. I will hang out in Nahalem to let anyone not getting the message know that they need to leave at once.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
SSSSHHHHHH, don't let the cat out of the bag. It's already crowded at Wallace Marine Park with the one or two guys getting their daily limits in 30 minutes.

Cast out with a bobber below the bridge in the eddy behind the pillars. You'll pick up a big Nehalem hog in no time. Don't count out also catching an incidental over-size sturgeon, small mounth and large mouth bass, sucker, summer steelhead, or catfish.

SKP

·
Registered
922 Posts
Fished Nehalem last 2 weekends about 4 hours each day. Got 1 nice 25lb summer fish on July 5th out by the jetty. We live on the Nehalem (on the weekends) starting to see a few fish roll but not many yet. Lots of grass last weekend, and very dirty water, tough fishing with the large tides. The bait has been in the bay for about a month now so the fish will be here soon. Herring works best for about the next month Marie's blue label works very well. Fishing is best at first light and on the tide changes. So go fish in Salem we will let you know after it gets HOT. :grin: No really we will :wink:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have taken my friends out many times on the Nehalem. They are the ones that always catch the fish. My boat, my rods, my bait, not my fish
I really have bad luck on that river. Any pointers would be great. I need to show up the buddy's :wink:

·
Administrator
119,991 Posts

Marie's shrimp scent always helps! :smile:
I just had to post that pic again... It makes me happy, happy! :smile:

Jen

[ 07-17-2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Jenny, this is one of the best photos I have ever seen. The overall contrast is great and the fish is fantastic. I have taken bunches of photos over the years and done a few weddings and cannot think of one I like better than this one.

Congratulations and I do hope you hae this one on your wall of fame at home.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Jenny, I've never seen you smile bigger... :grin: :grin: I agree, this is really a beautiful picture. I'm sure it does make you happy every time you look at it :smile: :smile: :grin: :grin: fishrite

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.