IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Looking for a report, planning on heading to Nehalem bay this weekend. Has any one had any hook ups. What is the most productive method and at what tide? I plan on trying kwikfish, spinners and bobber and eggs. If thats not any good what about tillamook bay? Thanks alot for the info.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check the forecasts. 20+ mph winds predicted through Friday and 15-20mph winds for Saturday & Sunday. I'd try where the wind is going to offer the most protection if you are gonna go, probably from Wheeler and up.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I fished last weekend without a bite, but saw some people catching them out by the island in Nehalem.

However, the wind can get ripping through there also.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i will was planning on focusing more up stream and not near the mouth. Should i put much fucus on herring? We have tried it there in the past but not with much luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I've always had better luck with spinners when the tide isn't running than herring. When the tide starts moving I switch to bobber and eggs:twocents:. Good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Fished the river from 8 to 5:30 today. Lite bite this AM, mostly coho, saw a few kings landed throughout the day. Very slow. Pulled spinners, quickfish, etc and fished bobber/eggs at slack up river.
Landed/released a nice native coho for all day effort. A wee bit windy today, made trolling a little tricky. Not much of a crowd for a reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts