IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the water at the Nehalem Bay State Park ramp at 6:40 am. Low slack about 7:35. Crabbed only (did not fish) until 12:30 with a friend who does not fish but loves to crab. 22 keepers with 6 rings. Some are still light. Saw one silver leap all am. Dropped crabber friend off at 12:30 and headed out to the jaws. No fish caught through the tide swing. Only 8 boats out there, 2 of which were guides. Water 53 deg.,a little off color, big time wind and swells and rain. Fished purple label plug cut herring with fish flash, 8 oz. lead, 6' leader, 18" dropper, water from 9' to 32', with and against the tide. Folks at Brighton Marina had not seen a fish come in that day. Loading the boat solo while fully exposed to the big waves at the state park ramp was exciting, if not dangerous. I don't think I will launch there again this fall due to exposure to surf.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Now that's a report. I almost went over there, the storms kept me on the Columbia......thanks for the verification. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Thanks for a great report... even if it is grim! I am probably going to be down that way later this week, maybe we will just go crabbing.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Same-o same-o for us at Nehalem this weekend. Saw one fish caught near the western most 5 mph bouy at Wheeler. Heard later it was an unclipped silver. Saw two brave souls alone in the jaws in about a 14' boat (no PFD's)lose one late in the afternoon.
Spent Saturday night holding the tent down. :sleep: :shocked: :sleep: :shocked:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts