IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take the drifter out in the bay tomorrow. Would fish the upper bay and possibly up to hwy. 53. Does anyone have some reports as to how the fishing has been in the upper bay and tidewater?

thanks in advance
Later Geoff

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was there Thursday and Friday morning. I took my two oldest grand sons 13 and 11 years old. We got stared early on Thursday, went out of the county boat ramp. We started trolling with the out going using cut plug and fish flash at the pilings just above Wheeler. Just as we got down to the pilings before the dock at the north end of Wheeler the 11 year olds rod went off. He had his first salmon on and did a great job. His older brother gave him a little help, but for the most part he did it him self. Anyway we got it in the net and thought what a way to start the day.
We were looking for it to be a great day but we only saw one other fish caught. We fished the Wheeler area up above the bridge and even got up to the barn hole around the tide change. There were lots of fish jumping but none biting, and lots of seals. The water temp in some spots was up to 66 degrees. There were people up at the barn hole jigging so there must be a fair amount of fish up river.
Friday morning we started out the same way but no fish. There were more boats and we did not see a fish on. So at 12 noon we pulled out and went home. We did hear of a few other fish that were hooked both days but there should have been more fish catching than we saw. And other people that I have talked to said there will be a couple of slow days and then everything will break lose.
Think I would fish the upper area we marked a lot of fish and the Silvers were jumping. Good luck let us know how you do.

Fish Till You Drop!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report. My buddy can't go tomorrow so It's look like if I go over there it's going to have to be on mon. Probabaly will be crowded as heck though.

Thanks again I appreciate it.
Later Geoff

·
Registered
756 Posts
Fished the rock line just below the Fishery up to the woodpile out by the jaws. 40 boats at one count, and saw/heard of probably 6 fish caught. We were lucky and got a 20# hen. :dance: Good swells so stayed away from the end of the jetty. Now you see the boat, now you don't. We hung back and fished. Talked to another fisherman and he saw only 1 fish caught at Wheeler in the morning. No one said anything about up river though.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Weekend warrior, I forgot to mention that we fished Friday - not today.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Hey weekend Warrior, I was over there today and fished the morning. We didn't get anything, but only fished for about 3 hours.

We saw about 3 fish caught, one of which was RIGHT in front of the jetty fishery, while we were pulling out. added a little salt to the wound! haha

Well, We're heading out again tomorrow, (monday) and Tuesday and will fish monday afternoon/eve, and tues morn. We'll be in a smokercraft, 40 HP johnson and it'll be my dad and I. Maybe we'll see ya out there. what kind of boat do ya have?

maybe talk to ya then!

Sublime

1 - 6 of 6 Posts