IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an urge to fish some new water for Nookies and am interested in Nehalem Bay. Is the incoming tide best there? Herring and spinners? Any areas that are better than others?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

·
Registered
709 Posts
Many spots and tech. for the area. I'm sure there are some posts to look up in the archives. Right now probably the best bet is twirling cut plugs right off the bottom along the S. jetty and it's tip but BE CAREFUL! Know your tides fish incoming to high slack and never take your eyes off the water. I also love fishing the Wheeler area and upriver above the 101 bridge, usually staying with herring through mid-Aug. then switching to spinners or eggs and bobbers upriver later on. It is a beautiful area. I willbe there from Aug. 15th untill Aug. 24th. Can't wait!
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
You can use your driftboat and kicker all the way from the jaws up past Wheeler. The ocean needs to be calm in the jaws, but anywhere from jetties back, you can use your driftboat and kicker.

Don't forget to bring your crab traps for the lower bay.

SKP

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yes, use your drifter with a kicker. But be prepared in case the wind comes up. I have a couple of wind socks that I hang out for more control. good luck

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Wheeler
flood tide
whole herring just off the bottom
17' of water
that is all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts