IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lower bay last three days with nothing to show for the effort, but there were a couple chinook caught that I know of. My fish finder was marking plenty of fish as well and some were spotted rolling up near Wheeler. Only a few boats fishing so far.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hmmmmm, I like that bay. Thanks for the info :cheers: Any chance you would care to share how you were fishing it? Bait,spinner,ect. Good luck next time out :cheers:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh no problem... Trolling small plug-cut herring using 6-10 oz. weight, depending on current.

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
were you in an open alumaweld saturday afternoon? I was fooling around plunking shrimp off the south jetty, and saw a couple of boats pulling herring.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I was in the black & white Rogue Marine sled. You would know it if you saw it...custom boat like no other.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
The Chinooks will be here anytime now. Last year on the 4th we took 5 just outside in 30 feet of water. Lots of bait inside right now.

:cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
R.R.
I FISH NEHALEM ALOT!
I USUALLY DONT FISH IT UNTILL EARLY AUG.-SEPT.
THERE ARE FISH THERE EARLY BUT OFTEN TOUGH TO GET THEM TO BITE, SEEMS BETTER IN AUG. SEPT.
PLUG CUT AT THE JAWS,SPINNERS AND STUFF UP THE BAY FARTHER.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hawg caller is right fish spinners in side. Like from the state boat ramp in they get more fish. I have fished there for a long time for the summer nooks about 20 years. When I started to fish it there was about 3 to 5 boats there a day.SPINNERS ARE THE THING.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
I can't wait!

I drive to church every other week, and there is no joy in my life, like seeing the first group of boats out trolling the upper and lower bay!

--Nothing sadder than driving in late fall, and seeing the entire parking lot empty, and no boats, either. :depressed:

I used to feel the same way about the bathrooms being put up at T Bay. Happy when I first see them... (In fact, the boys and I used to play games, rounding the corner... "Are they up yet?")

But now, they've installed them permanently, boats or no boats. :smile:

Jen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts