IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Barn Hole......best fished with bobber and bait?....how deep is the hole and where are you setting bobber depth? The Nehalem seems to be full of fish but they have a serious case of lockjaw.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
I read, "Nehalem......a question"

and the bratty me immediately thought of,

"No, you can't fish there!"

:smile:

I know! Isn't it weird there are so many fish and such interesting bite behavior? Or lack thereof?

I think they have been educated to not bite!

Jen

Oh, the barn hole is very deep, perhaps 60 feet in some places. Set the bobber deep, too! I have caught them 30 feet down!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Think about it for a minute... those fish are not bred to bite! :shocked: :shocked: If you catch all the biters all that are left are fish with lockjaw then lockjaws breed brining forth more lockjaws and so on and so on and so on and...

Soooooooooo dont fish the Nehalem, there are only lockjaw fish, all the biters are in Tillamook Bay

:cheers:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Leave the middle of the hole for the jig fishermen and snaggers. Get over on the side and fish 9 to 11 feet as a bobber setting.

If you were sitting in the middle of the barn hole looking directly upstream, your backside would be facing the best spot. Motor over there, toss the anchor on the bank and start fishing.

"He took my bait again! Darn mudcats"....

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I got a better question.... Where the heck is that BARN? :grin: Not the hole, the darn Barn! :shrug:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I think it was two years ago maybe, but the barn burned down. Didn't it? I guess it should be called the "burn hole" now..........

Jennie is right, there are no fish in that river to be had..... :tongue:

Go get em!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
You'll mark lots of fish in that hole, good luck getting one to bite. Several years ago I was anchored there very early in the morning, had the hole to myself. My 4 yr old was snoozing in the cuddy and I was enjoying a cup of coffee. The tranquility was shattered as a huge sturgeon broke the surface not 2 feet from my position on the stern. Scared the beejeezus out of me. The fish splashed me with water and was big enough that its wake rocked my boat pretty good. Didnt know there was sturgeon in there.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
The biter theory has been mulled over by Bill and I for years. I really think there is something to it!
Jen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts