IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife just finished her masters program and starts her new job as a second grade teacher this month. Her classroom is bare!!! So I'm asking for your help. I'm looking for any posters or anything you might have lying around that I can put up in her classroom. I'm asking for donations right now because of the other standard equipment that we had to buy that a first year teacher needs, like a chair!! She doesn't even have an overhead projector! The other teachers pilfered the classroom over the summer when the vacating teacher left. So far we have had to buy books, bookshelves, chair, world map… you get the idea. So I want to make her room the envy of the school. Email me at Grumpy232(at)comcast(dot)net, thanks so much in advance!!

Also looking for a mini fridge, evidently the teachers lounge fridge is a mess!! donation would be ok, but willing to buy. I'm told just about every teacher has one in their room. Thanks again

· Registered
3,058 Posts
I just spotted this on craigslist this morning....

ESTATE SALE Retired Professors Downsizing EVERYTHING TO BE SOLD

This couple were teachers and professors of Economics, History, Political Science, and Women's Studies.

They kept all of their teaching aids, manuals, and books. Not to mention magazines and pamphlets from every event you can name. The books and such have been a study in politics and history from the Korean War to present day. There are thousands of books from romance novels to studies of democracy and more. We have done our best to display them all for you. If you love books or history or politics this is the place for you. There will not likely be this range and value of books offered again.
it might be worth checking out.

· Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,289 Posts
I'll see what I can get together at work. I'll see if we have some fish posters around that we can donate.

· Registered
393 Posts
My wife just finished her masters program and starts her new job as a second grade teacher this month. Her classroom is bare!!! So I'm asking for your help. I'm looking for any posters or anything you might have lying around that I can put up in her classroom. I'm asking for donations right now because of the other standard equipment that we had to buy that a first year teacher needs, like a chair!! She doesn't even have an overhead projector! The other teachers pilfered the classroom over the summer when the vacating teacher left. So far we have had to buy books, bookshelves, chair, world map… you get the idea. So I want to make her room the envy of the school. Email me at Grumpy232(at)comcast(dot)net, thanks so much in advance!!

Also looking for a mini fridge, evidently the teachers lounge fridge is a mess!! donation would be ok, but willing to buy. I'm told just about every teacher has one in their room. Thanks again
Check with your local FS and BLM offices they have posters of wildflowers, bugs, bats, wild horses just to name a few that I have brought home for the kids.

Saber-Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.