IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite fast marinade is 1 cup mayonaise and 1 cup good Teriyaki (like Very Yeri Teriyaki)You can add sliced green onion or fresh grated ginger if you like it. I add a bunch of fresh cracked pepper too. Put it in a gallon ziplock, mix it all together and put your chunks in there. I just cut the loins into 3 or 4 pieces so they are pretty thick. Lay it on the counter for about 45 minutes and bbq on medium high heat about 4 minutes per side. It cooks all the way through and is moist and delicious. You don't taste the mayo at all - I think it cooks off and just helps to keep the fish moist.

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
C&E ... I just did the hoisting, bleeding, icing and cleaning. Yeah, maybe I did yard in one or two ... that pain in my elbow will go away soon, right? :grin:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Nice! Heard you guys handlined a 35lbr too! :shocked: Hey, you ever try dipping shashimi in your Bloody Mary? :tongue: :wink:

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
That's it in my arms! I'm not sure about the Bloody Mary recipe, but it might be good with enough lime!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I roll my pieces in a cajun seasoning then put them on the grill with hot coals for about two minutes per side. Remember, it will keep cooking for a short while after coming off the grill. Don't overcook, it gets dry and becomes dog or cat food.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
got some fresh tuna from a freind last night and i have never done anything but can it, what is a good bbq recipe?

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
There are some good ones buried on the Salty Dogs forum ... but this will get you started:

These aren't BBQ ideas, but the point is, if you cook it too much, you'll turn wonderful Albacore into tunafish. Hot and fast is the way to cook it.

1) Sashimi
Slice a loin across the grain in 3/8th inch slices. Dip them in a soy/wasabi mixture. Eat!

2) Seared
Cube the fish in 3/4 to 1 inch cubes. Marinate in something you like. Sear the fish in a very hot pan leaving the center raw, like a very rare beef steak.

[ 08-18-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Pete, you sound like you might have caught oh..... one or two tuna this weekend. :wink:

Soak in Italian dressing 1 hour. BBQ 2 minutes one side turn and 1 to 2 minutes second side. My slices are 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts