IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking hard at a Bradley smoker. I loke the controlled heat. can get much warmer thean my big chief. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Had mine since spring...YUM!!!

Only down side is you pay a lot to buy the wood from them...I figure about 1 hr of smoke is one dollar...But its worth it. I smoke at least 3 Salmon and can fit 4 if you buy the extra racks.

Hope this helps.

Edit...Oh crap....now you know I caught 4 fish this year!!

SG

[ 10-19-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: ****GODDESS ]

·
Registered
855 Posts
I too like mine very much, I've had it a little over a year with only one problem. The briquette feeded went south. it would no longer feed the briquettes at teh right intravals ( every 20 minutes). One phone call to Bradley and they sent me a new one and all is well in smokeville.

Spendy yes but I'm pleased with the results

·
Registered
492 Posts
Love mine. Have had it for 2 year and it works great!! The best thing is you can do other things (like fish) without tending it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would look at the Cookshack if you are considering a Brradley. The Cookshack may cost a little more up front, but you can use regular wood chunks, instead of having to purchase the Bradley disks.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The Bradley is great but spendy. another alternative to the big chief is the Brinkman Electic smoker griller. I love mine, it's durable, well made, and it has alot more heat to hold in than some others.
Good luck
GBS

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Cookshack, is the only way to go :wink: IMO I bought mine over four years ago and never had one problem yet: its well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Since you're looking, check out the Treager, it is a pellet smoker. Excellent for smoking (more of a warm smoke) and you can sear a steak on it as well. I love mine.... They are made in Mt. Angel.

PeterMac

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Here is a link to Cookshacks home page Cookshack You will be very happy with it, go look at some local meat markets and see what they use. Thats why I chose Cookshack.
Good Luck, Ross

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I second the electric brinkmen.....I have two and they work great for me.....1hr.45 min and I have smoked fish, perfect every time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
7 foot high work locker, 1 hot plate, small cast iron skillet, 6 stainless racks ... wrap it all in rigid insulation. turn on the heat lamp in the top when it's cold outside. try this and save all that money.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
If you justify the $$$$ go with a Traeger. We smoke / cook, fish, ribs, turkeys, steaks, you name it we have done it. Plan is to slow smoke an entire pig on New Years in a couple of months.

You are able to set your temp and walk away. I even went to Radio Shack and bought a wireless themometer that pages me when what ever I'm cooking gets to a desired temp.

Bottom line is the Taeger is the Cadillac of smokers available. Go down to their factory in Mt Angel and get a tour. You won't be disapointed.

P.S. I even cooked a Papa Murphy's pizza on mine the other night and it turned out awsome!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cookshack is really good! Bought mine this year and have had great results. Temp control is great. Cut your own wood chunks if you like, use pellets, shavings, chips anything works. :smile:

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
well I got a cookshack for christmas last year.. made the mistake of telling reletives i wanted a front loading smoker.. i was thinking like a 100 dollar big chief or something like that. so I could maybe play arouind with smoking a few salmon...
Well they spolied me and bought this unit which is an AWSOME smoker. Seems like it's built to last a lifetime. but they are spendy!

I would deffinetly recommend one to anyone who is serious about smoking fish.. or anything else for that matter..
Tight lines
Rob

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Great Outdoor Grill Co. smoker (mentioned above by SKSPAWNER) is what I just purchased from Costco in Tigard area (southern area of hwy 217) for $148.95. I got the propane powered one.

It has a variable temp. control. I was testing it and it can get up 400 deg. so shouldn't have any problems in winter. It is large enough to smoke 3 turkeys at once. Full front opening door for easy access.

You can order them from Walmart online for $149.95 plus shipping or wait until spring when they bring them back into the stores.

Bob's in Longview now carries them for $159.95 and has a double width sized one for $199.99. Bob's also has some of The Great Outdoor Grill Co. chips, rubs and BBQ sauce.

It is a nice quality piece.

Here is a link to their web site if it's ok with ifish rules.

Great Outdoors Grill Co.

Just for info Bob's carries other brands of smokers also.

[ 10-21-2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Conspiracy Theory ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a little old fashion. I've got a Brinkman that I love. Takes a bit more work to build the fire and monitor your heat, but it usually works out to one or two more beers as well. Since you build the fire, you can use whatever you want for the smoke. Plenty of room. Have done a briske, two rack of ribs and two chickens with room to spare.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts