IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simnilar thread on the salty dog's board so if you answered there no need to do it again. I am looking here for boats under 20 feet.

What I need is the length of your boat, measured in a stright line from bow to transom (not counting anchor brackets, swim steps or off shore brackets, and the freeboard. (from the waterline to the lowest point on the gunwale, strake, deck line etc)

I am doing some research on the differnece between lengths and free board to see if there is any vast disparity in free board in relation to length. I don't think there is but I want to validate my thinking.

Dan

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a simnilar thread on the salty dog's board so if you answered there no need to do it again. I am looking here for boats under 20 feet.

What I need is the length of your boat, measured in a stright line from bow to transom (not counting anchor brackets, swim steps or off shore brackets, and the freeboard. (from the waterline to the lowest point on the gunwale, strake, deck line etc)

I am doing some research on the differnece between lengths and free board to see if there is any vast disparity in free board in relation to length. I don't think there is but I want to validate my thinking.

Dan
bump

· Registered
612 Posts
1986 Boston Whaler 15'

Length......................15 feet 3 inches
Beam........................5 feet 8 inches
Draft.......................8 inches (with engine tilted clear of water)
Weight, bare hull...........500-550 pounds without accessories
Maximum horsepower..........70 HP
Minimum Horsepower..........20 HP
Capacity....................5 Persons
Swamped Capacity............1,650 pounds

Small boat will rarely go to into the ocean.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1986 Boston Whaler 15'

Length......................15 feet 3 inches
Beam........................5 feet 8 inches
Draft.......................8 inches (with engine tilted clear of water)
Weight, bare hull...........500-550 pounds without accessories
Maximum horsepower..........70 HP
Minimum Horsepower..........20 HP
Capacity....................5 Persons
Swamped Capacity............1,650 pounds

Small boat will rarely go to into the ocean.
Distance from the waterline to the gunwale.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.