IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife was in a wreck, rear ended, went to Dr, went for therapy, the insurance was closed 8/10/05, now we are getting bills that for the most part should of been payed, and (1) is asking us to pay what was not paid from the (2) insurance company, not much just $514.00.
It has got my blood pressure up and almost through the roof.
I think I have to call the insurance company and just tell them that if you look at the dates of the services rendered, you well see that it was when she was recovering, how hard is it for them to see this???
I have just about had it with the BIG BOY asking the ever day worker for this.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO??? AND BE FOR I GO OFF ON THEM TOMORROW ON THE PHONE.
I said to my wife we should of gotten a mouth peace to handle this but no.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Administrator
40,978 Posts
I would call the insurance company. Sometimes they are just slow paying. Sometimes it's part of their tactic to reduce the Dr.'s bills. They send you the letters to make you upset to put pressure on the insurance company. It's probably good enough for you to just forward them to the Insurance Co.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I have to calm down on this or I well make another trip to the hospital, and the V.A. well not like me, if they do now, thanks Pete, I well call and forward and forget it, my plate is kinda full at this time.
Where did I put that Pendleton, "O" don't need that right now, keep my head clear.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea Pete thats what I need, can't change today but tomorrow is another story.

I don't know what them Swedes can do to another Swede, all I can say they are grate lovers, and they can make you forget about all your problems.
"OK good night.

· Registered
1,999 Posts
I use to be in the insurance business and then switched into health care.

Couple of ways to go about it. Call the claims dept raise hell. Squeaky wheel still gets the grease, almost everywhere. Ask for a supervisor once the first person fails to remedy the problem. Flunkies hate to have their supervisor involved.

Second way contact the Doc. Get the dates of service matched up to his visit notes (he should give you a copy).
Send those with the statements to the claim department certified return receipt. Tell them you will give them 7-10 days to get it cleaned up before you go to the insurance commissioner. Everyone hates the insurance comissioner.

Good luck and have some fun with them.

Duckwheat

· Registered
659 Posts
Insurance companies can move VERY VERY slow. It is funny how they are Johnny on the Spot when they want you to pay the premiums, but when it is there turn they slow way down. I think a couple of phone calls will solve your problems, unless it is Aetna. :hoboy: We had them for a while, and their customer service was extremely lousy. It took hours and hours of phone time sometimes to solve problems with them. Eventually so many of the people at my company complained that Aetna got dropped. They did try to solve the problem and got better, but not good enough.

A good nights sleep will hopefully help you more than anything.

Best regards,

BrianH.

· Registered
5,177 Posts
Duckwheat,
You are going to call an attorney over $500. You got to be kidding.
I thought you said you used to be in the insurance business if you were you know that if she has injuries from this car accident they will owe some sort of a settlement to her and she probably won't see a dime without one. The average settlement is about three times the cost of the medical care I will bet that is more than $500.

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Most injuries to the insured are made under the personal injury or medical payment coverage under your auto insurance. Chinook, I never saw anyone offer up a 3 times the medical cost to an insured to settle there claim. They generally pay what is incurred.

You must be thinking about the other guys insurance making a settlement offer to her. That is often times 3 times the incurred medical cost.

But I am sure you must get a lawyer to get through the day to day details of your life. Don't leave home without your lawyer.

Sarcastic DW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.