IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last 2 years have been very kind to me fishing down there but this year my buddy is taking his boat with no riggers. Is it a must to have down there. That is how we fished and it was perductive. I know people catch fish but i believe it is more of a pain dealing with the weights and divers.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I have downriggers on my boat and I like divers better for that area. You really dont have to fish that deep 8-20 pulls.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Two years ago my buddy Buzz Guidewire and I fished by Sand Island. I wanted to use my down riggers and he had never used one. He got frustrated and went to the diver and anchovie. Long story short, he hooked 9 fish in a row before I ever got my bait down with my downrigger. Needless to say I switched over to the diver and forgot about the downrigger! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
niceshot, I'm just the opposite, I use downriggers in the gorge but use divers @ Astoria.... kinda nice not to have to mess with them.
I'm heading down in the a.m. and will be there till the 24th on VACATION! :cheers: ....beside around the bridge can be tight quarters, and no need ****in someone else off when they brake off a hog on your rigger cable..."when in Rome" :wink:

[ 08-11-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Well said Bob! When we first fished there 3 years ago, I used my 'riggers the first day and got SPANKED!!! I then bought divers, and they really work. I just don't understand how or why the diver works better, but it definately does. Plus your only going about a dozen pulls too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can hear my buddy saying "I told you so" already. What size of divers are you using? Are they jet divers or the other ones (forget the name)?
Thanks Guys for the info :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts