Registered
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TTT

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a cousin who I haven't seen in 10 years coming out the 3rd - 9th of October. He hasn't been fishing in close to 15 years, and when I told him about the fall salmon run going on, he went crazy!! He wants to catch a salmon REALLY bad now :dance: This idea does not bother me in the least :grin: however I was wondering what I should do? Seeing as i'm a boatless bankee, should I book with a guide rather than trying my luck plunking for one. I'd REALLY REALLY like to see him catch his first salmon while he's out here with me. That would be a memory of a lifetime for both of us!!

Next dilema is if I DO book a guide, where would best chance be at getting him into a fish? Should I go for the CR, fish out of Tillamook, or where? All info and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

-jokester

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I'd leave the location to the guide.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
ditto on leave it up to the guide. they will know where to fish

·
Banned
267 Posts
Book a trip with David Johnson. He will call you a couple of days before the scheduled trip and tell you where to meet him. He will put you into fish, you are likely to learn alot and you will certainly enjoy fishing with David.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Book a trip with any of the ifish guides. I recommend Len Self for fall chinook. He is a pro, knows his business well and has been putting big fall kings in the boat for a whole lot of years!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well I'd say for your dates I would see if Len self has a open date! He is one of the nicest guys in T-bay! And man does he ever find those big fish! I have watched him for years he seems to pull a fish out of some of the most unlikely spots with the crowds or not! I dont think I have ever trolled past his boat with out a head nod or a good morning! Too me thats a class act!Too all you guys who follow the guides around to try and learn how to fish a new spot, please give the masters there space and dont crowd them out of there holes! They worked hard to find that bend in the river that works for them!....shakerfish!....

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info fellas. I'll try to get ahold of David or Len within the next day or two.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
jokester - another guide you may at least want to call is Travis Moncrief. You can find his information HERE. He has lived and fished in Tillamook his entire life and works very hard for his clients. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts