IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just wrapped it and back in the smoker. Increased temp from 235 to 275. Gonna check in 2 hours.

· Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you’re looking, it ain’t cooking……. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I ain’t looking I might be over cookin’.

Quick peek. Maybe I’ll give it an extra 30.

· Registered
7,719 Posts
190. 45 more minutes.

This is taking forever.
You're at about 13 hours I would estimate, so you're on track.
If you noticed in the Malcolm Reed video that I posted, Malcolm started his cook at about 11:00PM.
That way you are finishing at a decent time of the day.

It's hard to sleep on your first one, so maybe next time try it that way.

· Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The finished product was good, not great.

Food Tableware Animal product Ingredient Recipe

I’m glad I did it but I won’t do it again. Waaaaaay too much time and effort for the finished product.

· Registered
8,040 Posts
Really need to smoke a brisket overnight if doing it at 225-250 degrees. Most pellet smokers or charcoal can be loaded up about 10 pm, and get up and refill at 5 am or so and have a bloody Mary. Usually wrap around 7-8 am and continue until probe tender 202-207 depending on brisket around 2 pm, then pull and cover in old towels in a cooler until dinner time and it will melt in your mouth and still be hot.

An almost as good in a hurry is 300 degrees and you can start at 8 the morning and same procedure to be ready to rest by 3 pm or so. It'll just not have the same level of smoke and bark but still very good.

· Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeah well I can cook a standing rib roast for 2 1/2 hours and it will knock your socks off.

This 14-hour rub/wrap/rest BS ain’t for me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.