IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 26 foot sea ray and the front of the boat is a pain to get to how can I set up the anchor system to prevent me from going up there?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I had a anchor holder made for me that was set at an angle. When i was ready to anchor i just pulled the pope out of the chock and let the anchor fall out of the holder and then the rope ran out on a roller.I had to make sure that the anchor was well set while in holder because if the rope came out of the chock it would let the anchor fall. Just good common sense prevented any premature release of the anchor. Find some one who can weld aluminum and it wont cost much to make. The fellow that did mine is no longer around. I had this on a 19 footer. <font color="blue"> </font>

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what your sayin but I dondt have that kind of accsess to the front of the boat. I cant even reach the top of the wind sheild and it does not open. I think I need to figuer out some way of dealing with it in the back?? :whazzup: Any ideas I just want to make it easier to deploy store and retrieve. My nerves are shot from the last trip. cheers Rich

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I saw a guy that had a rope from the bow to the stern. Then he would clip the anchor rope on to that rope, then it would slide up to the bow. When he wanted to drop the anchor he would un-tie the rope at the stern. The anchor line clip then will slide off the end. I hope that made some scence.....Ross

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thats the best idea I've herd yet :grin: I wonder how you go about hooking back up after your done fighting the fish :whazzup: any idea?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the same problem. Except, the boat has an access hatch installed in the deck. One person goes up through the cabin and through the deck hatch with a boat hook. I throw the anchor from the driver's side and slowly back down holding the buoy cleat (anchor puller release) open. I keep the rope taught so the front guy can hook the rope with the boat hook. Once they have secured the rope, I let the buoy clamp the line and pass it up to them along side the boat. The front guy then secures the extra rope in an attached mesh bag and attaches my release tag line to the end of the anchor rope. I then cleat off the tag rope at a back cleat for easy release. You must not have any loops or knots in your tag rope when you release or it may snag on your boat. After netting your fish, drive back up and the front guy can hook you back up with the boat hook. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts