IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO WOULD BE A GREAT INSTRUCTOR TO HIRE FOR A HALF A DAY OR SO TO TEACH ME HOW TO RUN THE CLACK WITH MY 200 HP TILLER? I HAD A DRIFT BOAT FOR YEARS SO I CAN READ THE OBVIOUS HAZARDS... BUT I FIGURE A LITTLE HELP JUST STARTING OUT MIGHT BE WISE!
MAINLY INTERESTED IN THE SECTION ABOVE BARTON UP TO THE MINEFIELD IN MCIVER. ANY PLACES IN THERE THAT MAKE YOU NERVOUS? OBVIOUSLY WE NEED MORE WATER, BUT I'M TALKING ABOUT NORMAL WINTER/ SPRING FLOWS. I'M HOPING FOR SOMEONE THAT GUIDES IT... RUNS IT ALOT. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Shoot a line to David Johnson, He guides up there all the time and runs a sled. Take a trip with him, that would be a good way to learn....

·
Registered
19,909 Posts
BT,I've been running the upper Clackamas for 25yrs and I think I've seen sleds below the minefield maybe twice,and both times the river was way up. I'd say stay down low for awhile,until you get the hang of the new boat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You may want to check with John who is the Captain at the Clackamas Fire District, Water Rescue Station. Those guys are out on the river all the time and he may be able to help you. His E-Mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had Dave Johnson take me on a half day trip in my drift boat many years back when I was learning to row. I told Dave when I finally get a sled I want him to teach me. I would send him a email. He might be persuaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts