IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am moving to scappoose at the end of september. The house is new construction.

I am looking for someone licensed to pour a patio 10X18, driveway extension, a 12 foot long walkway, and possibly an 8X6 pad for a shed

I also need to get a 4' gate with 12' of fence then a 12' gate (2 six ft sections) followed by 12 more feet of fence installed. It is a 6' high privacy fence with the 2X4 top.

If any of you out there can do it let me know. Centex, the builder quoted me $4500 to do all that and seemed high to me. seems like it should be in the $3200 range.

let me know. I can meet you out there in the mornings if you want to take a look. I estimated the total square footage on the concrete around 580.

you can PM me with CCB#. I got burned once by a window installer and am much more vigilant in checking things out.

Thanks

Mitch

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I am moving to scappoose at the end of september. The house is new construction.

I am looking for someone licensed to pour a patio 10X18, driveway extension, a 12 foot long walkway, and possibly an 8X6 pad for a shed

I also need to get a 4' gate with 12' of fence then a 12' gate (2 six ft sections) followed by 12 more feet of fence installed. It is a 6' high privacy fence with the 2X4 top.

If any of you out there can do it let me know. Centex, the builder quoted me $4500 to do all that and seemed high to me. seems like it should be in the $3200 range.

let me know. I can meet you out there in the mornings if you want to take a look. I estimated the total square footage on the concrete around 580.

you can PM me with CCB#. I got burned once by a window installer and am much more vigilant in checking things out.

Thanks

Mitch

Hey Mitch,
You can give servicemagic.com a try. They pre-screen and have reviews. I got my A/C installer from there. I live in St Helens in new construction as well. I did all the conrete and fence work myself:grin: I saved 2/3 on each project. Fence would have been over $7,000.00 (230ft) I did it for under $2,000.00. Sounds like you got some bigger concrete projects though. Good luck brother. Enjoy your new house.

Ron

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
A fishing buddy of mine owns a fencing company. He's in the phone book. Landmark Fence Co, his name is Marshall Fox.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Call a concrete batch plant in or around Scappoose. Ask them to give you the name of a good finisher and tell them you want somebody that doesn't have any trouble getting on their books for delivery. You may have a hard time beating the price Centex quoted you. I have no doubt they are getting a pretty good price per yd. just because of the sheer volume they do in new construction. That, however, doesn't necessarily mean they are passing that savings on to you.

·
Read Only
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I am going to build the fence myself after getting some quotes.

I found concrete for $4 a square ft. seems like a good price to me. Centex quoted me $6.

I am just happy to be 10 minutes from the boat ramp I use. I was driving from Milwuakie.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
$4/s.f. is fair for the size of your project. I couldn't form, place and finish for that cheap. Licensed or not, CHECK REFERENCES.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts