IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a recent crabbing report for North/Central Oregon bays?

I'm trying to decide between Newport, Siletz, Nestucca, or Netarts for this weekend.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Re: Need Crabbing Report

Neighbors just came back from Newport and they had very poor results. The ones they caught were soft and no flesh. Siltez is the same.

· Registered
5 Posts

We went to Netarts last weekend and caught 7-8 Dungeness and an equal number of red rock keepers in two hours on the incoming tide. We used fish, turkey and chicken -- with the chicken working best. I'd say only one of the Dungeness was soft. Good luck.

· Registered
6 Posts

Just finished up 14 days of vacation down on coast and crabbing was slow. We crabbed the Nestucca and had little success. Crabbed the Siletz and got 5 in the afternoon with 5 rings (about 1.5 hours). The wind on the Nestucca has been quite big in the afternoons, hamperring efforts. Hope this proves useful!

· Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information. I'll report back how it went. It's anybody's guess where to go, it looks like another month or so before good crabbing kicks in at the coast.

On another note, while I was stuck at work :crazy:, a friend took his boat out of Garabaldi on Tuesday, and got 1 - 42" Chinook Hen :dance:(he did not have a scale, but guessed it to be 30+ LBS) and 3 - average size Coho and 4 - Coho natives carefully released, and some drive by's. Not quite CR Buoy results, but not bad.

SKP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.