IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody go out today and give it a try? I'm trying to plan my day tomorrow and want to try something closer to PDX instead of heading to the Gorge or OC and fighting the crowd. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The people who knew what they were doing caught fish around coon island. I am slightly shad challenged so I didn't do very good but I saw a lot being caught and I learned a thing or two. The fish are there.
TV

·
Registered
571 Posts
fished the columbia out in front of St Helens this evening did ok i caught 15 in a coule of hours.so mc should still be doing good.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
I think you might run up a bigger score up towards Bonneville or OC, but if you don't need tonnage I'm sure the MC will treat you alright.

We hit it during the heat of the afternoon today - which is usually the worst time.

It wasn't red hot by any means but there was enough action to keep our attention, plus as the thermometer peaked it was very nice to be on the water.

Bonus fish are possible too. We watched one boat hook a clipped springer on a shad rig, do everything right fighting it, and then have everything go totally wrong at the net, killing the fish with a gaff and then losing it. Too bad.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I did good last week. Anchored about 5oo yards above coon island in 17' of water along the west bank. Used chartruse/chrome dick nite with a 18 inch dropper. No crowds, quiet, and a shad about every 5 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts