IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who is going to Neah Bay in a couple of weeks. I have fished up there with him in the past, so I know he will be targeting halibut, but will also be trying to round out his catch with black bass, ling cod, etc. I know in the past he has ventured out to Swift Sure banks, but don't know if he is planning on that this year. I haven't heard "ifishers" talking much about fishing the northern Washington coast. Usually the discussions have been on S.W Washington, and Oregon. Anyway, I was hopeing that some of you have fished the area recently. Any information about how the fishing has been so far this year would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance, for any info. you can provide.

Tight lines to all

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've fished it for August/early-Sept. coho, but never halibut.

Ifish.net is GREAT, probably my favorite forum on the entire net!...but Neah Bay folks are particularly fond of forums at gamefishin.com (they do an annual trip for members there!) and piscatorialpursuits.com...give them a try if you don't get tons of responses here (I see zero responses so far.) But keep using ifish.net too!!

[ 06-03-2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: DaleDor ]

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think Cap'n Dan over on the Salty Dogs board goes out of Neah Bay for his hali trips. Check over on that board.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
This year we went to 72 square around 35 miles offshore along the border with canada. blue dot is the closest offshore spot that I know of. There are places inside that can be fished for halibut but I don't know where they are off hand. We tried several years ago to find fish inside to but got very blanked...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
[ 06-04-2003, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: bait boy ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts