IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Raymarine E-Series units on my boat. I've been using a Navionics Platinum chip, which supplies them both with nav data. When you buy a Gold+ or Platinum chip, you can get a free mail-in Fish 'n Chips data chip, with very detailed bathymetry.

I've researched this quite a bit online and in the manuals, and have been unable to get an answer. My question is... Can you use the Platinum chip in one unit, and the Fish 'n Chips chip in the other at the same time without goofing something up, and if so, can you get them to display their data at the same time on the same screen, or do you have to use the Platinum chip for nav, and then switch to the FnC chip when you're out fishing?

This may be too technical of a question, but I thought I'd ask. Perhaps it warrants a call to their tech support.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Call Rodgers. or plug it in and give 'er a rip
I didn't get a fish and chips with my E series, back in July. I expect they would work seperately, but probably won't let you send the FnC data to the other unit with a different chip. Let me know what you find out, I am doing a triple E display on my next boat, with a remote station as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Radius, you answered your own question.

I have the Nav Gold+ chip and the Fish N' Chips for my Lowrance X-37C. You use the regular chip for navigation. When you get to your spot, choose the Fish N Chips to see the details. I have 2 slots on the Lowrance, I just keep both chips loaded.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I have two Raymarine E-Series units on my boat. I've been using a Navionics Platinum chip, which supplies them both with nav data. When you buy a Gold+ or Platinum chip, you can get a free mail-in Fish 'n Chips data chip, with very detailed bathymetry.

I've researched this quite a bit online and in the manuals, and have been unable to get an answer. My question is... Can you use the Platinum chip in one unit, and the Fish 'n Chips chip in the other at the same time without goofing something up, and if so, can you get them to display their data at the same time on the same screen, or do you have to use the Platinum chip for nav, and then switch to the FnC chip when you're out fishing?

This may be too technical of a question, but I thought I'd ask. Perhaps it warrants a call to their tech support.

Stephen
Yes.

In my unit (Lowrance), I have two map card slots from which I swap between Chips and Navionics Gold. Displaying two separate maps on two separate units is ok.

The units do not care what they display so long as it's in a format they can read - obviously both units must be capable of reading Navionics chart cards.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have two E80's. Gold chip in one and FnC in the other. The gold or platinum gives you all of your navigational data, buoys, beacons, channels, etc. The fish n' chip is strictly bathametric charts without and nav data. I can run them at the same time. Depending on how detailed the bottom is, the fish n chip takes a few seconds to draw the chart. I use it all the time when fishing in the canyon or trying to stay along the ledge.
If I'm reading your question right: You can't display fish n' chip data over the platinum chart or vice versa. Whichever unit the chip is plugged into is the one it will display on. If you only have one unit then it will only show the data from the chip that is installed.

TT

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I appreciate the reply. Good info, and it now makes sense.

Stephen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts