IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was getting ready to renew for $14.99...and now I see this
Water resources Ecoregion World Map Organism

You view 'other options' since renewing the US only is not an option any more...and you are stuck with US & Canada for $24.99.

Its only ~$10 more...but its kind of lame for them to do this and 'up sell' this to us that are never going to use the Canada charts.

At any rate, if you are renewing soon, just a heads up.

-J

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep… Garmin is monetizing their investment in Navionics, so bend on on over. It’s still worth the money… $14.99 was essentially free for what you were getting and $24.99 isn’t too bad.

I’m looking to add the Garmin Navionics Vision+ card to my Garmin GPSMAP 943xsv so I can get the relief shading and automatic routing features and they want $249.99 for the one year subscription: Garmin Navionics Vision+

Bottom Line: Pay the $24.99 and be happy that your not paying 10X’s more to run it on your MFD that you paid $1,499.99 for! 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The $10 more a year is not a big deal price wise. Its out of principle I find it lame they are doing this. It does not cost them less or more. They are trying to find a way to increase revenue without having to do anything other than drop a SKU and force people to another SKU that was probably not selling as much.

The world of software licenses where its a lot of smoke and mirrors.

At any rate, it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that you don't need to keep buying new subscriptions for your app to work, you just don't get the new and improved version?
You get crippled...
From another site: "When your Navionics subscription expires you can continue to access your previously downloaded charts, but they will no longer be updated. You will also lose access to all the advanced features such as Dock-to-dock Autorouting, Advanced Map Options, and Plotter Sync."

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Yes you lose advanced options but you can still plot waypoints and tracks and have the same maps you've been using. I don't use the advanced features and it gets me to the dock as a backup if needed or if I'm another's boat can still use my waypoints.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep… Garmin is monetizing their investment in Navionics, so bend on on over. It’s still worth the money… $14.99 was essentially free for what you were getting and $24.99 isn’t too bad.

I’m looking to add the Garmin Navionics Vision+ card to my Garmin GPSMAP 943xsv so I can get the relief shading and automatic routing features and they want $249.99 for the one year subscription: Garmin Navionics Vision+

Bottom Line: Pay the $24.99 and be happy that your not paying 10X’s more to run it on your MFD that you paid $1,499.99 for! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are you really paying $249 every year? I have a hard time believing that and if true I woukd have a hard time justifying those extra features.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have refused to pay the extra $249.99 for the SD card version of Garmin Navionics Vision+ for the MFD (Multi-Function Display). I too was surprised when my $14.99 subscription jumped to $24.99 but happily ponied up the extra $10. I run the app on my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Tab as backups on each trip. I also have Garmin Active Captain but find the Navionics Boating App to be more user friendly and intuitive than the Garmin app. 🤷🏻‍♂️💸👌🏻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts