IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the pleasure of fishing with Navigator (Jim) today....We got to one of my favorite spots and sat on anchor till we got some current...We fished Wobblers most of the morning and at about 10:15 Jim decides to put on a chrome U20 with red spots...backs it out..sets it in the holder and FISH ON!! :shocked: We dropped out and a few times around the boat this 22lber layed on it's side and i scooped it up :cheers: Way to go Jim :dance:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 09-26-2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red, Yes i'm getting a few and i'm thinking it's only the beginning :grin: the only thing i'm worried bout is getting the trolling thing down...much heavier boat...windage...In the little tin cup of a Klamath i just put it in gear and i was a trolling machine...i'll just have to find the right setting for the 8 horse and i'll be ok :shrug:

Oh...and we were fishing in about 19 to 21 ft of water.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ryan fish. You bet I liked that seat! I kept it hot for ya! As for the boat - :dance:

Thanks for the trip Louis (and for posting the pic). I enjoyed fishing with you and your son. Still wish you let me practice my clown frown though .... :hoboy: .

The fish was a buck. I am calling it a Tule, even though it was bright. Could be wrong (usually am). However, the cheeks were white and the meat had lost some brilliance (but not a lot, far shure). And, the adipose seemed a bit oversized and some fading in the fins.

What do I know - this is my first fall Columbia Chinook. Tule or not - it was deeeeeeeelicious (BBQed).

[ 09-28-2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Navigator ]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Call me crazy but it looks like a bright to me.
I've heard of tule denial, but bright denial, thats a new one. :smile:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim..I wouldn't be able to give much insight on that fish being a tule (on the inside) unless i saw it... The last fish i caught was in worse shape than that when i got it home and the meat was just fine.. nice orange all the way through.... Your fish was very shiny when it hit the bottom of my boat :grin: Nice fishing with you again....

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice to see you are still hitting them. Congrats on the fish. :cheers:

cartman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts