IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to the Naselle River this weekend to fish the tide water near town. I have a friend who lives there and who fishes it by trolling on the incoming tide. I have a 36 pound thrust minn kota. He uses a 50 pound thrust on his drift boat and has used a 36 in the past and says it's enough power to fish the incoming. Has anyone fished that area before and willing to comment on wheather they think I'm under powered? Any gearing ideas would help greatly too?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Cully...

Been there many times... You'll have no problem with a 36 pound thruster (for a small boat) but...I would highly recommend 2 batteries...fully charged. That way you will have NO problems.

Scott

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have also fished it 36 pounds of thrust is what I used it is fine just remember to have 2 batteries. Let us know how you do. :smile:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lund, you got it. Known him going on what....36 years. Fishing...Call Scott. Never ending stories...They all make me smile. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met and I'm so pumped to go fishing with him again.
WIll do mic4fish.
Sublime, It's in Washington just upriver from the Astoria Bridge

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Here's the Naselle at 2800 cfs.
It's a little dark at this level :tongue:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott, thanks for the reply. You have just removed a small knot I had in my stomach. Funny, the buddy I'm going to see and fish with who lives in Naselle is also named Scott.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Cully,

If your going to troll, Silver blade red bead flash-glos are tough to beat. Bobber fishing can be good after we get a shot of rain.

Rich

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found the Naselle and fished it long and hard with limited success or so the Locals said. For me it was a very good day of fishing boardering on a great day. Five fish for 3 rods. 3 of the fish were Chinooks and on the dark side and they were released. The other 2 were bright silvers and harvested. Both trolling and trolling the Naselle were new adventures for me and I would do it again today if not for the marathon drive from Corvallis to the Naselle and back home again on the same day. My silver came on a #6 orange bluefox
Kevin, message delivered. Thanks to all that replied to this thread. Your help is appreciated.
I was wrong on the tidal fishing on the Naselle. We fished the outgoing and I had said fishing was done on the incoming. I wonder if it's fished then too? Guess that's a question for later.

[ 10-05-2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: cully ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts