IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being canceled 3 times due to bad weather I got the the pleasure of fishing with Mike on the Sea J twice in the last 3 weeks for a total of 55 tuna. This was my first time tuna fishing and I can see what all the rave is about. The best part was Friday catching tuna on swim baits and Mike's new G.L. loomis spinnig rods. These are sweet rods. Mike is a first rate captain and a fun guy to fish with. It is easy to see why he is so highly recommened on this board.

Herb Johns

· Registered
6,692 Posts
Thanks Herb- Both for going, and for having the patience and understanding when I canceled in the past due to ocean conditions.

Both trips were great this year. herb even managed to spot a nice basketball sized glass float. Quite the prize!

Last trip was the real smörgåsbord. Trolling tuna bites, casting tuna bites, then trolling clones. I think we did about 10 laps around a kelp patty picking up singles and doubles until one broke off and sent the fish packing.

Thanks again for the kind words. Had guys Sunday that fought fish on the Loomis 963's and 844's that were stoked as well.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.