IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to do a search for bobber fishing on nahalem bay, tried both Ifish community and archives and come up with nothing. Anyone have any advice, secrets, hotspots, baits, depths.I'd sure appreciate a shove in the right direction in case trolling is not working this weekend.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Once the fish are in good, which they are looking to be, just head upriver. Wherever you see a good deep spot, with brush along the river, anchor and bobber!

I've caught fish anywhere from 8 to 30 feet deep on bobbers on the Nehalem.

They are scattered around the whole system. Just head upriver and see what is happening. The best way is just to watch others.

Jen

·
Registered
265 Posts
if you plan to fish from the jetty here's how I do it. Slide your bobber stop on, then your bead, then a large foam dink that will support 5 oz, tie your main line to the top of a 2 oz. mooching (bananna shaped) sinker, tie your leader to the beadchain swivel on the other end of the sinker, rig a whole herring (head up), set the stop so you're close to the bottom 12'-17', go to nedonna beach wayside, walk to the beach, turn right, walk to the jetty, throw that bad boy out there during the last two hours of the incoming tide, and bring a net with atleast 6' of handle.

some days I kill 'em some days we eat hamburger for dinner?

good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Geez the reason there was nothing in the archives is that the is NO bobber fishing on the Nehalem. :wink: Or take Jens advice. Who knows maybe you are onto something new.

Rauly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts