IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up on the river lasst night. Not sure how, kind of by accident my other plans fell through, shucks!
Well I fished from about 5:00pm to darkish,(~10pm) saw alot of catchable fish but couldn't get any of them to bite. I was just below stayton bank fishing from a friends wheat field, I saw at least 6-8 really nice fish swim past me in the shallows but none were willing to take a look at what I was throwing. I did manage to hook about a dozen or so 6" trout on my #2's and 3's lures though, that was quite unexpected. the lure was almost as big as some of the fish. They were all safely returned to the river.
I tried roe, spinners, spoons, corky and yarn, yarn alone, with scent, without scent, even nightcrawlers, all to no avail, I am starting to get frustrated if anyone has any pointers as to what I am doing wrong or what else to try I would greatly appreciate the help. 6 trips now without any fish in the freezer.

Thanks,

FOD

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tried bobbers and jigs? Black works the best in low clear water IMO. Crawdad tails work well on summers also. Hang in there and good luck. Let us know if you hook up.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hey tag a long,
have you caught any Springers lately? Is there any in the river worth catching? I know most are probably dark but didnt know if anyone was still actually fishing for them :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts