IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to hit the upper stretch of the N.Santiam tomorrow. Last year we were killing them at this time.

I looked at Lilsteelies report and it was not promising. Where are the steelhead :shrug: Has anyone been doing any good up there the last week??

Also what has been the best jig color for others in that stretch??

We are hitting it in a raft at 0dark30 one way or the other before the flows go any lower. Any info would be appreciated. Please Email me if you don't want to post.

Thanks,

bob

·
Registered
740 Posts
The further up in the system you go, the better off you will probably do. The water has been pretty warm-this weeks cooler weather should help though. I checked the counts at Bennett Dam near Stayton and between July 28th and August 1st, only 17 summers went over! Those were the most recent counts available. There are certainly plenty of nice, fresh fish available in the system though.

With the water at 850cfs, the fish will not be as spread out like earlier this summer.

I have been using red, black, and pink jigs and have had success.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hooker! I just got back from FMS with some new FC Jigs in combo's of those colors :grin:

Hopefully we get into a few pockets of fish. I'll post our results when we get back.

Anyone else been up there lately?? :whazzup:

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts