IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the north santiam last night for about 4hrs. and hooked 3 fish, all steelhead. Unfortunatly I was practicing my long distance release technique and they all were allowed to go on their way. No big deal, you can't catch fish every time out. At least I know I can still hook em. :cool:

·
Registered
13,597 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I've been doing the long line release thing this year too! Where were you at?

happybrew

·
Registered
16,553 Posts
Hey William! Were you banking or boating? Done pretty good in the Mehama area off the bank in the past, but haven`t had much opportunity the last few years. (bummer). Used to use arctic shrimp (peeled) for Steelies. Had pretty good success! Gold quarter oz. Thomas lures have worked well also in low water conditions. What has been your favorite? If you don`t mind! Good job! Like to hear about my old stompin` grounds. Later, Fishft.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys, I am heading up the North Santiam this evening after work to do some bank fishing around Stayton. Any recommendations. I have been doing OK with spoons and Blue fox Lures but only about 1 fish every two trips or so.
Anything that works for you guys would be great to hear about. I just recently found Ifish Hopefully it will improve my take a bit. I am a "College Fishermen" AKA - broke as a joke and fishing between classes with the cheapest gear I can find.

Thanks

FOD

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just hoofing it yesterday, too low for the boat. I've been fishing the Mehema area and above at the big rock hole, gravel pit, crawler hole, rubber dog bone hole. Most produce at differnt times of the day. Fish small corkies on the lightest leader you can, small spinners #2-3 or just a small piece of yarn with a strand of crystal flash. Heading that way again tomorrow. Hope this helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts