IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that may be interested, here is the creel and trap counts for last week. If people are interested, I can post these updates once a week.

~One Hundred and forty-seven (147) anglers were encountered on the North Santiam River. Ten adult summer steelhead were caught and kept, and 9 adult winter steelhead were caught and released. Three whitefish, twenty-five (25) steelhead smolts, 1 cutthroat trout and 17 rainbow trout were caught and released.

~Two hundred and fourteen (214) anglers were encountered on the South Santiam River this week. Twelve (12) adult summer steelhead were caught and kept, and 3 adult winter steelhead were caught and released. In addition, 2 chinook smolts, 174 marked? steelhead smolts, 3 rainbow trout, 2 cutthroat trout, 3 suckers and 1 unknown species were also caught and released. Santiam hatchery released steelhead smolts on April 1.

~Forty-eight (48) anglers were encountered in the Foster creel this week. Forty hatchery trout, 3 unmarked steelhead smolt, and 1 smallmouth bass were caught and kept. Four hatchery trout and 1 unmarked steelhead smolts were caught and released.

~Eighty-three (83) anglers were encountered on the McKenzie River this week. Two adult summer steelhead were caught and kept. More than sixty-six (66+) marked steelhead smolts were caught and released. In addition, 29 rainbow trout, 10 cutthroat trout, 57 unknown trout, and 1 whitefish were caught and released.

~Adult traps at Stayton Island (North Santiam) captured 72winter steelhead, 27 marked summer steelhead and 1unmarked summer steelhead this week. Three marked steelhead, 1 rainbow trout and one bull trout were captured in the Leaburg adult trap. Twenty unmarked steelhead smolts were captured in the bypass screw trap at Leaburg Dam. A rotary screw trap at the Walterville bypass captured 57 marked steelhead smolts and 4 unmarked steelhead smolts.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thank you for the great information LilSteelie

I sure appreciate your report on fish numbers.

Waiting for hatchery springers

Thank you :cheers:

[ 04-23-2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Jet Drifter ]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hey Lil Steelie, are you the guy we see near gates almost nightly ?? If so, let us know the next time you are down by the river. If not, thabks for the great info.

·
Registered
838 Posts
LilSteelie - Keep up the good work. Great info. Thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tag-a-long:
Hey Lil Steelie, are you the guy we see near gates almost nightly ?? If so, let us know the next time you are down by the river. If not, thabks for the great info.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I'm not a guy. :) That would probably be Jason or Greg. I work on Foster not N. Santiam.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i am heading near the north santiam river on labor day weekend so is the salmon/steelhead fishing good, and is the river high enouf to drift

·
Registered
820 Posts
I drift fished Wiley Creek for about an hour then flew down to the Pleasant take out in my drift boat. High water makes pulling plugs a great workout!!! No fish for three of us. More rain means lots of water out of the dam :shrug: Fish are move'n on up. Go Beavs and God bless the pure thought.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Beaver1:
I drift fished Wiley Creek for about an hour then flew down to the Pleasant take out in my drift boat. High water makes pulling plugs a great workout!!! No fish for three of us. More rain means lots of water out of the dam :shrug: Fish are move'n on up. Go Beavs and God bless the pure thought.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">They won't be filling Foster until the last week of May (according to the hatchery manager) so you can expect that the S. Santiam will continue to run high and fast until then.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by LilSteelie:
I'm not a guy. :) That would probably be Jason or Greg. I work on Foster not N. Santiam.
Well,

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I guess thats what I get for supposition. My apologies. Still thanks for the info. I usually get the latest counts when whoever it is catches us on the bank.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
This is great work, keep it up an going!!!
:dance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts