IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the reports for this week. Enjoy!

~One hundred forty (140) anglers were encountered on the North Santiam River. Seven adult summer steelhead and one spring chinook were caught and kept, and 3 adult winter steelhead were caught and released. Forty-one marked steelhead smolts and 14 unmarked steelhead smolts and were caught and released, as were 4 rainbow trout, and three unknown trout. Fishing pressure has slowed due to inclement weather and increased flows.

~Three hundred fifty-one (351) anglers were encountered on the South Santiam River this week. Twenty-one (21) adult summer steelhead and 7 marked spring chinook were caught and kept. Three adult winter steelhead and one unmarked spring chinook were caught and released. Sixty-two (62) marked steelhead smolts, 7 unmarked steelhead smolts and 1 juvenile Chinook were caught and released. Mark status is unknown for an additional 54 steelhead smolts which were also released. Fourteen rainbow trout, 8 cutthroat trout, 7 unknown trout, and 1 Northern Pikeminnow were also caught and released.

~One hundred six (106) anglers were encountered in the Foster Lake creel this week. One hundred four(104) hatchery trout were caught and kept. Ninety-four hatchery trout were caught and released.

~Green Peter-Wed. I talked to 1 angler cleaning his Green Peter fish at the Sunnyside Park cleaning station. He had 25 that were about 12 inches in length. He told me that the day before (Tues.) he had only caught 1. I talked to 2 anglers that were cleaning their catch at Sunnyside Park on Sat. They each had their 25 kokanee (50 altogether) and they also had 2 rainbows. The fish were all of good size (12-14 inches). They were all fishing on the bank near the dam. They each said that it has its days where it's slow. According to the OSP
officers that patroled Green Peter Sun., people were catching lots of kokanee both from boats and off the bank.

~One hundred seventy-two (172) anglers were encountered on the McKenzie River this week. Nine adult summer steelhead were caught and kept and one adult steelhead was released. Twenty-five juvenile steelhead were caught and released. Six rainbow trout were caught and kept, and 76 were caught and released. Three cutthroat trout and two unknown trout were also caught and released.

~One hundred sixty (160) anglers were encountered on the Middle Fork Willamette River this week. Eleven adult summer steelhead, 5 unmarked steelhead, 2 adult spring chinook, 68 steelhead smolts, 3 rainbow trout, 2 whitefish, and 16 unknown trout were caught.

~Adult traps at Stayton Island (North Santiam) captured 72 winter steelhead, 99 marked summer steelhead and 2 unmarked summer steelhead this week. No adult anadromous fish were captured in the Leaburg adult trap. Twenty-eight (28) unmarked steelhead smolts were captured in the bypass screw trap at Leaburg Dam.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Thanks for the report keep them coming each week there are great good job :smile:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Ouch! This means that my measly 9 fish today at Green Peter...... sucked. Dang, and I thought I had a good day!!! Doesn't matter, I don't believe it and you can't take that away from me! On the other hand, it does confirm that I made the correct choice in not fishing the Santiams, based on odds.

happybrew

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Man that is cool, its like going to both rivers at once, and comparing your take with everyone elses. Thanks for your hard work.
Mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ya-hoo :dance: springers in the hood
Thank you LilSteelie :cheers:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Thanks, Lilsteelie. I was going to head over to Billy Chinook, but if there are 14" being caught at GP, I might opt for the shorter drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts