IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the reports for the week. Enjoy!

~North Santiam creel had 360 anglers encountered. There were 28 summer steelhead caught and kept, 1 winter steelhead released, 59 spring chinook caught and kept, and 27 chinook released. In addition, there were 2 rainbow trout mark unknown caught and released, 6 trout species unknown released, and 8 steelhead smolt released.

~South Santiam creel encountered 447 anglers. There were 19 summer steelhead caught and kept, 58 spring chinook were kept, and 12 chinook were released. There were 6 rainbows with mark unknown, 2 cutthroat, 16 trout species unknown, 11 smolts, and 14 Northern Pikeminnow. Fishing pressure is mainly at Lebanon Dam, Waterloo, and the Wiley Creek area.

~Foster Lake creel encountered 260 anglers. There was 137 rainbows kept and 26 rainbows released. Boats did well on Foster and most bank angling was concentrated near the dam.

~Green Peter-The people I talked to have said that fishing is slow. I talked to an angler on Mon. who had 3 rainbows. I also talked to two guys on Friday who had 8 kokanee and 2 rainbows.

~McKenzie River creel encountered 146 anglers. There were 8 summer steelhead caught and kept, 20 spring chinook caught and kept, and 3 chinook released. In addition, there were 25 hatchery rainbows kept, 14 hatchery trout released, 19 unmarked rainbows released, 4 cutthroat caught, 10 trout species unknown caught, and 2 steelhead smolts caught.

~Adult traps on the North Santiam (Stayton Island) captured 163 marked summer steelhead, 4 unmarked summer steelhead, 11 winter steelhead, 511 marked spring chinook, and 83 unmarked spring chinook in the traps.

~The Leaburg trap captured 13 marked summer steelhead, 8 unmarked summers, 50 marked chinook, 209 unmarked chinook, and 3 rainbows. There were 86 unmarked steelhead smolt and 1236 unmarked spring chinook captured in the bypass screw trap at Leaburg Dam.

~The Foster Dam trap (South Santiam) captured 16 winter steelhead, 305 summer steelhead, and 27 spring chinook. There were 458 summer steelhead and 24 chinook recycled downstream (either to Waterloo or Pleasant Valley Bridge). To date, there have been 834 winter steelhead, 1750 summer steelhead, and 155 chinook captured in the trap.

[ 05-27-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: LilSteelie ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
so...what do they do with the unmarked steelhead smolt captured in the bypass screw on the mckenzie? there are no "native" steelhead, so do they dump them, cut their adipose off, or leave them alone?? anyone know?

oregonwrestler

[ 05-27-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: oregonwrestler ]

·
Registered
176 Posts
How about a report for the clack? it sure would be great to have a weekly update for that river. any bobber action at rivermill yet?

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
I was at Rivermill on Sunday. They're catching a few salmon here and there with bobber and eggs/shrimp. Saw one steelhead hooked, other than that it's pretty slow. Where are the steelhead? Oh well, maybe in a couple weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts