IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the numbers for this week. I have heard that they will be starting to fill Foster on the 15th so the S. Santiam should drop and the fishing should pick up soon.

~One hundred eighty-three (183) anglers were encountered on the North Santiam River. Eleven adult summer steelhead and 9 spring chinook were caught and kept, and 2 adult winter steelhead were caught and released. Five marked steelhead smolts and 2 unmarked steelhead smolts and were caught and released, as were 1 cutthroat trout, and 7 unknown trout. Fishing pressure has slowed due to inclement weather and fluctuating flows.

~Five hundred thirty-seven (537) anglers were encountered on the South Santiam River this week. Thirty-two (32) adult summer steelhead and 41 marked spring chinook were caught and kept. Two adult winter steelhead were caught and released. Thirty-eight (38) marked steelhead smolts and 9 unmarked steelhead smolts were caught and released. Mark status is unknown for an additional 5 steelhead smolts which were also released. Nine rainbow trout, 18 cutthroat trout, 8 unknown trout, and 5 Whitefish were also caught and released. Fishing pressure has more than doubled in the last week, and flows are dropping. Most chinook were caught below Lebanon Dam.

~One hundred eleven (111) anglers were encountered in the Foster creel this week. Fifty-three (53) hatchery trout were caught and kept. Thirty-one (31) hatchery trout, 1 kokanee and 1 smallmouth bass were caught and released. Fishing pressure was concentrated the northside of the dam.

~Green Peter-Wednesday I talked to 4 anglers cleaning their Green Peter fish at Sunnyside Park. They had 64 kokanee and 5 rainbows. Friday I
talked to 2 anglers who had 8 rainbows from Green Peter. On Sat., I talked to some anglers fishing at Foster that had been at Green Peter on Fri. and said they didn't catch anything. The fish that were caught, were near the 1st bridge (I was told it was called the Kokanee Bridge).

~Two hundred ninety-two (292) anglers were encountered on the McKenzie River this week. One adult spring chinook and 17 adult summer steelhead were caught and kept. One adult steelhead was released. Twenty-eight juvenile steelhead were caught and released. Sixty-nine (69) rainbow trout were caught and kept, and 164 were caught and released. Three whitefish were also caught and released.

~One hundred ninety-eight (198) anglers were encountered on the Middle Fork Willamette River this week. Thirteen marked adult summer steelhead and 2 unmarked steelhead were caught and kept. Two marked and two unmarked steelhead were caught and released. Fifty-seven (57) steelhead smolts, 3 chinook smolts, 7 rainbow trout, 8 cutthroat, 1 whitefish, and 17 unknown trout were caught.

~Adult traps at Stayton Island (North Santiam) captured 23 winter steelhead, 33 marked summer steelhead, 1 1-salt steelhead, 2 marked adult chinook and 1 unmarked adult chinook this week. Net marks were observed on one steelhead, and seal marks were observed on 11 fish. Ten marked steelhead adults, 3 unmarked steelhead adults and 1 steelhead kelt were captured in the Leaburg trap this week. Thirty-five (35) unmarked steelhead smolts were captured in the bypass screw trap at Leaburg Dam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts