IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the hatchery area Sunday 5-7PM. Tied up just above the three intake pipes, drifted eggs and yarn on 1.5 oz. sinker on 12" dropper. No contact with any fish, did not see any caught, very few fishermen working.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
was there 7am to 10am. Nasty chill and wind drove me out of there.
Bobber and eggs from the bank in the meathole below launch on southside for the first hr and not a nibble. saw 2 landed in the boats.

moved up river to mouth of ceder creek and began working egg along with 2 others in that area. lots of fish moving and surfacing. nooks and bright silvers, but no biters.
will try again in the a.m.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Was up there Saturday did a lot of egg fishing in the morning. Only two fish to show for.
The water temp has really gone up in the last few weeks. I mean it has really gone up! It was colder in the summer time then it is now. So the bite has pretty much shut off cause of that.
Flows are sitting at 3870CFS...Just the other day they where at 2800CFS

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Fished above the hatchery on the North side from 6:30 to 8:30 yesterday morning. Saw two small silvers caught. Showing color but not too dark yet. Left and went to try a few other spots downriver. Nothing going on. :sleep:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I hit the same area on Friday morning (drift boat) and again on Sunday morning (bank). Lots of bright coho rolling around, particularly on Friday morning. I used eggs primarily but also threw hardware. No fish, no strikes. I wasn't alone. I say only one fish landed on Friday. Some of the boaters caught some on Sunday morning but fishing was tough.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
We collected about 500-600 fish from the dam trap this morning. 80% Coho, the rest Chinook and Steelhead. (Oh, and one humongus rainbow about 8 pounds or so. An escapee from Merwin res)

Of the Coho I would say 95% were type "N" and in really good shape. We are recruiting at the Lewis ladder and I must say that things are very slow at the moment. Water temp is 60 degrees and dropping veeerrryy slowly. :depressed: The river discharge has been increased a bit and I'm hoping that now that the nets have been pulled things will come together and we will have a better fishery.

Because of the slow transition between runs we are only processing fish once a week and not many at that.

Fingers crossed, things will pick up in a bit. :cheers:

:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts