IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.

Does anyone have a reliable phone number for the cfs levels on the NF Lewis? The number I was given made no sense once I received the report. The report said 1850 cfs, but the guides I know said it was 1450 cfs on Thursday 6/19. (??)

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Hi Rusty --- You are working too hard. Go to: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/Portland/public_hydro/lc_swwa.html (or by phone: 800-547-1501).

If you need to talk to the hatchery for more info contact: 360-225-2120.

And stay outa my way!!! :grin:

(Right now the river is running at 1,250 CFS, wayyyyyy to low to catch anything! :rolleyes: )

[ 06-21-2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yeah.... What Thumper said....... :grin: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :grin:

It is getting pretty skinny in a few places though. Low pressure this morning.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
You call that low pressure! It is supposed to be at 1250 since Thurs afternoon. Only had to jump out of the boat once to push myself off a gravel bar today. Oh, and those that notice where there was two logs sticking out of the water there is only one. You can thank me for the modification. :shocked:
Thumper, I assume you will be using the ol' standby with the water being so low.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Tilla --- You just can't run the NFL with that big ol' Bazooba boat. :grin: Don said he saw you and it was scary!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Tilla, I assume that was you that went flying by me at the top of the island at Haapa. Saw the boat that said "sneakin out" on the side. :wink: :wink:

How'd you guys do today. I ended up with 1 about 8lbs. :dance: :dance:

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
:tongue: Dumb ol' Bazooba boat. *******' aircraft carrier.....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I passed only one sled on Thursday PM and if it had not been for the cutthroat chopping into my eggs, I would not have caught anything either. He must not have seen many eggs that day becuase he sure nailed mine.

Thumper and KingFisher85, thanks for the site info so I can check to see if there is enough water to launch a boat in.

Remind me to stay away from that river on Thursdays as they are not letting water out and the flow is so low it spooks everyone away.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Thumper just thinks there is something wrong about fishing out of a boat that you can Dosy Doe and swing your partner. And Don should know better than to slow down in 6" of water, ahem!
Snapshot-they lowered the river and it stayed that way. I had to get out of the boat and push us off the gravel bar only once!
Kingfisher- so you have forgotten your limit so soon?
SS- Let's just say everyone got a fish.

Those shoes are wet!

[ 06-22-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Tilla ]

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
The lower the better, it get's the crackers off the river... Plus it get's rid of the tugboats too. I love it at 1200cfs.... :grin:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Tilla~limit? Really? Gosh dang, all I know is that its been 23 days of no fishing :depressed:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts