IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to catch my first salmon for going on 5 years now.

Finally I landed and released a 34lb tule (?) on the Sandy River near the Marmot dam. It was a life changing experience.

Nobody I know fishes, so I have been learning by getting out there and trying everything. I have learned so much over the past couple of months from all you Ifishers.

This might sound corny but,I feel like all of you folks are my fishin' buddies now!

Jamie
Wilsonville, Oregon

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Good for you on your first. I know what you are saying . I have friends that fish but most are couch potatos ,who arnt much of a fishen buddy.
So howdy, im glad to have a new fishen buddy.
id. painter

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Welcome aboard!! :cheers:

Just to let you know there is another fishchaser on this board. The only difference is the underscore in your moniker. Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Congrats I have not yet landed my first but I did have one on for about 1 minute.You must have been wound up after that once again congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Welcome aboard. Name looks very familiar. Can't put my toungue on it just yet, but it sure looks familiar. :shrug:

[ 10-22-2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: fishchaser ]

·
Registered
733 Posts
welcome fish_chaser.. theres no cure you know? once hooked your always hooked.... your always trying to justify another rod and reel (never mind i have 13 now) at least 3 tackle boxes, second boat in 5 years, and drooling over number three, frozen bait in the freezer, worms being fed weekly in the fridge, powerbait, smelt,eel,octopus,herring and sardines crowding out the people food, reference books on how to catch everything,and here nightly.... theres no cure....no cure... no cure..... :cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. My moniker has been changed to fishbyte, sorry about that fishchaser! It was an honest mistake.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :cheers: My moniker has been changed to fishbyte, sorry about that fishchaser! It was an honest mistake.

fishbyte (aka Jamie)

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
No problem, I don't mind. I noticed that I'm not the only one out there chasing fish, instead of catching fish. :grin:

Welcome aboard! :dance:

[ 10-23-2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: fishchaser ]

·
Registered
980 Posts
Considering the venue, your new moniker is w-a-y cool! :cool:

My first-ever chinook, (w-a-y back,)was a bright Sandy River 23-pounder, taken after a 20-minute fight on a cool and foggy September morning, with a brass spoon on 8-lb line, and not another soul in sight.

My life hasn't ever been the same. :smile:

Welcome and continued good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts