IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my goals during my stay was to photograph the local wildlife as best as possible. The deer seem to be scared of everything as if they had been messed with recently but other animals seemed more willing to pose or simply not run away. Raptors, varmits, and reptiles seemed willing. The local eagle gave me a few good shots but as luck would have it I crackered them leaving me with only 2 good shots for the trip. Those shots came while ridding around in the camp hosts golf cart. It was also very fun to sit and watch the Ospreys fish in the shallows on the far side of the lake. Some shots in sports mode with Nikkor 70 x 300 ED came to be with much patients. Thank you to the Rock Creek wildlife for giving these great photos : )

Fishing Osprey in hover mode

Dives in for the take

Another member of his family joined in and gave a try at fishing. They were all great fishers

Bald

Eagle eyes focused on me but I will need practice to get him where I need him

Red Sided Garter Snake, or Water Snake. I always had a love for these guys with their warm red tones

Fixed atop this railroad tie this Western Fence Lizard gave me a great composition

I simply could not resist the dull earthtones in my viewfinder when I focused down to this lil fella at x 300

The Chipmonks oddly presented more challenge then I could have imagined. I had figured with 300 mm I would get many great shots but they simply kept their distance between us. I noticed that this variety has a sharp pointy snout unlike some I have seen in other locations with a more rounded face.

A long wait for this Grey to come back to the rock he likes so much. A ground blind would have suited me for these varmit shots. Well he had his picture takin and thats to bad for him: )

Thanks for all who took the time to view this series. It was so much fun to hear from all of you.

One of the features of Chrissy's new camera is infra-red night shots. A neat deal because it is not often you see photos of what camping is like during the night. It seems to work best around a camp light or campfire but can add the needed light all on its own. More light = less grain in this case.

Maverick looking for cookies :pp no deal!

Maverick when he can not get a cookie:bigshock:

Chrissy giving Maverick a cookie to calm him down so he does not eat me instead, what a moma's boy....

Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen..I shoulda just gave Maverick the cookie...

Things that go bump in the night....The dogs noticed this thing crawling up the tree, it was so large I could hear it crawling but could not see it. Photos of this bad boy during the day can be see below..

A fire to keep us all warm and cozy...

Good night people?

Things that go bump in the day? The Pine Sawyer Beetle or Prionis-Cerambycidae Coleoptera..

I think he is kinda cute, if I did not already have so many pets : )

And just for fun !!!

Wildlife shots are next...
Peace all, thanks for viewing :wave:

So last week Chrissy and I spent a few days camping and playing with our new cameras. I took alot of photos but not all so great : ) Here is some of the camping ones and next week I will post some of the wildlife photos I took. It realy was a nice time and there was realy no one around. Only one large group just across from us that was mostly young children. I know the C.G. host well from many years of camping at Rock Creek and I helped him with his camera as well. A nice fella to say the least. He has a golf cart that he drives around the camp sites in and the local animals are used to him. He got me in pretty close to the local bald eagle in the cart but he was very smart and just said no to letting me take his pic. I got a few but he was a sneaky one.

First morning produced a great sunrise!

A dandy morning "alpine glow" off the west side of the lake shore.

I smacked a huge cutt-bow on my 6 weight fly rod during the sunrise that I posted about in the fly fishing section here. This photo is kinda funny cuz I have this omg look on my face and the fly line is all over the place...

This patch of yellow flowers looked great in the morning sun.

The local Bee's seem to agree with me. Glad these bumbles are humble... sort.

Soon it was time for the rest of the family to get the heck out of bed and enjoy the sunlight, and time for portraits!

Chrissy Carp Catcher

Senna

Maverick

So many fun things to do camping but I have a feeling everyone is just glad to get out and run!

Mid to upper 80's during the day, it's so totaly time for a swim!

Senna, she is so beautiful! Even when wet! My girl, our song is "Girl From The North Country" Johhny Cash & Bob Dylan...

As luck would have it I smacked another big cutt-bow on a blue and silver countdown Rapala with a light spinning rod on the eve before we left..

Welcomed with a great sunrise and now we say goodbye with an awsome sunset! I was playing with a redhancer filter and the camera set on vivid mode. What a crazy combo but man that looks cool :laugh:Love the wide angle 18mm lens..

I will post the wildlife I shot nextweek and now IM thinking of camping somewhere in the valley on the McKenzie. Should be interesting : )

Thanks for viewing:wave:

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Re: My photos from camping trip : )

WOW!!! Nice pics!!! Them are some nice look'n trout too...

· Registered
13,724 Posts

I was over at rick creek the other day Sunday night and wow the lake is low I did not know the fish would be bitting or I would have fished a bit dang them are nice rp

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

snowrdr helped me get the high qaulity photo lins now so the pics look better now......YAY!

RP how was the shower? Get any pics? I could not see here to many clouds..

· Banned
1,330 Posts

Great pictures, Matt. I love the first one - absolutely stunning. :cheers::applause:

· Registered
13,724 Posts

yeah the shower was a wash to many clouds over mt hood and to much smoke over east and did not want to have to drive any further east but did get a few good pics rp

· Registered
960 Posts

Very Nice Photo's Matthew & Chrissy
Looks like you had alot of fun,...You both definetly learned a thing or two about your camera's :applause:
Thanks for Sharing

· Registered
10,869 Posts

Nice pics! Good to see some water in there finally! The last time I was there, it was a creek...and that's IT!

-jokester

· Registered
1,507 Posts

WOW Matt...... sounds like you had some fun..... and those Cutt-bows are huge.... must have been a crazy time on a 6 weight. Great job and thanx for the photos

· Registered
981 Posts

Looks like you guys had lots of fun....yeah those bows on a 6wt, no wonder you have a look of suprise and the line is everywhere....BTW I would like to thank you for all the informative videos you do, I stayed up late one night and watched just about all of them I think.... they were very helpful to a newbie like myself in salmon/steelhead fishing

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: My photos from camping trip : ) Infra-red photos added 8/16

I added some Infrareds and a few others at the top.

Thanks for viewing :wave:

· Registered
13,724 Posts

good stuff! rp

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Wonderful pics....what camera are you using? With the 18mm wideangle, I assume it's a DSLR?

The huskys name is Senna..

Gary, there is photos from 2 cameras here...All of the color photos shown here are from a Nikon D80 with Nikkor 18 x 135 DX wide angle lens and some zoomed shots with a Nikkor 70 x 300 ED lens.

The infrareds-night pics are from a Sony Cybershot H9

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.